Installing Night Sights.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRON

BulletToothTony
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2007
    Denham Springs
    So i am thinking of getting a set of Trijicon yellow rear, green front night sights for my xd45. How hard is the install to do myself? If it is the least bit complicated there is a great chance i will F it up. I definitely don't want to screw up my gun. Do you prefer a pro install like the company recommends?
    If so any place near Denham Springs you guys recommend? I wouldn't think bass pro would do anything like that. Maybe Jim's? or Precision? What do you guys think? Thanks Guys. :cool:

Glock27

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Jim's did a good job on mine. I bought the sights from them so they installed them for free while I waited. If you already have the sights, I think they may charge $20 or $30 to put them on. Better than F'ing up the pistol.

TRON

BulletToothTony
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2007
    Denham Springs
    Cool, i might give them a call to see if they have any in stock for my xd and see if they can do the install for me. Thank you.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Don't know about smiths in the Denham area, but I can attest to the "it's horrible" statements. I tried it on my first XD and you couldn't pay me enough to do it again! It took a damn sledge hammer to get the rear sight off.

TRON

BulletToothTony
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2007
    Denham Springs
    well that blows......and is starting to look like i don't want to even mess with getting new sights period hahaaa. I will see what jim's has to say, they might not even want to deal with it either. Oh well. Thanks man.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I recomend you go with the xs 24/7 titrium night sights I hve them on my xd45 and couldn't be happier you are welcome to shoot mine and check if you like them, I got away from using a 3 dot sight design because transitions betweet light conditions are horrible, specially if you are facing sun light. I payed $108 for mine installed which was a decent deal, either way let me know, I have replaced my sights in the past on my other xds an the back sight is easy to do if you push it from the correct side the pain in the azzz is the front sight I had to cut mine since I didn't have a sight pusher I was just using a punch, when I got my xs put on the 45 they had a bad ass sight pusher and it only took the guy like 2 minutes to do, they are really not that bad with the right tool.

Last edited:

Saftman

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Lafayette, La.
    You will need a special drift to install them. It costs about $20.00 I think or you can send your slide to Trijicon & let them install the sights. That's what I did. Took about a week.

TRON

BulletToothTony
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2007
    Denham Springs
    Cool, Thanks man. Springfield armory has a custom shop, that i can buy the sights from and send my slide to them for the install. Takes about a week as well. I also found the UNI-2ooL sight pusher that is specifically for removing and installing the dovetale style sights. It looks like it would work great, but it costs $150.

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Screw sending the slide in, I will find a shop in my area that has the tool, keep in mind that the same sight that fits on a sig fits on a xd. I got mine order through my local police supply store and they installed them for free since I purchase through them, waitied about a week for them to come in but I was not without my gun during the wait period, I have other guns but I'm used to my carry one already.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Is this any easier on a Glock 27 than an XD. I just picked up my night sights today but the shop where I purchased them won't install them. Belsco will do if for 25$ but I would like to save the cash if I can.

If you were to do it on your own, what tools would you use to punch them out? Like others have said, I don't want to mess anything up.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Is this any easier on a Glock 27 than an XD. I just picked up my night sights today but the shop where I purchased them won't install them. Belsco will do if for 25$ but I would like to save the cash if I can.

If you were to do it on your own, what tools would you use to punch them out? Like others have said, I don't want to mess anything up.

They are easy to install. Take the sights back and get a refund and buy where they will install free with purchase. Did you try Belsco?

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    They are easy to install. Take the sights back and get a refund and buy where they will install free with purchase. Did you try Belsco?

I purchased them at my "favorite" shop not even thinking they wouldn't be willing to install them. If I had known that, I would have just gone to Belsco from the beginning. Now that I have them, I called Belsco and they want $25 to put them on.

I will call Belsco tomorrow and ask if they have any in stock. If they do, I will check into returning what I have now to save the $25.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    There's a "local police supply store" in Butte LaRose?????????

Where... right next to the body dump boat ramp?

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Alright smart ASS, when I meant "local" I was refering to Lafayette which is the only considered "city" around here, Butte Larose don't even have a Police Department so no need for a Police Supply Store :mamoru::mamoru:.

Top Bottom