Intense Police Shootout *Video*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Did you catch the white car at about 45 seconds that stops, reverses it and hauls azz out of there.
    I found this pic of the windshield and yes it looks like he meant to harm/kill the officers.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Those are definitely outbound holes from the officer shooting.

Here's the car. The two "groups" in the windshield are outbound. A couple hits lower right that are inbound. Lots of low hits but looks like he was certainly working his way up. There are a couple other bullet holes in the driver's side door you can barely make out. If he was aiming at the grill he sure sucked at it.

6pm__Middlefield_police_involved_shootin_546090001_20130503180949_640_480.JPG

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Because windshields don't shatter like normal glass. There's definitely bullet damage to the windshield, I guess it could have been coming from either way.

Regardless, his rifle is obviously pointed AT the officers. If he was only trying to get shot, why was he moving around to get a better shot? And why were both officers hit? Are you suggesting he sucked so bad at not aiming at them that he accidentally hit them?

In my very inexperienced opinion, he wasn't moving to get a better shot. He was following what he learned on that ACRG video and he was moving to keep from getting hit. He probably did most of his practicing in his living room in front of the TV and very little live fire drills. I think that is what affected his aim and also why he was moving so slowly. He had the theory down, just not the practice. I think most of the hits landed on him when he reversed movement then of course when he finally stopped.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    In my very inexperienced opinion, he wasn't moving to get a better shot. He was following what he learned on that ACRG video and he was moving to keep from getting hit. He probably did most of his practicing in his living room in front of the TV and very little live fire drills. I think that is what affected his aim and also why he was moving so slowly. He had the theory down, just not the practice. I think most of the hits landed on him when he reversed movement then of course when he finally stopped.

Absolutely correct. After seeing the pics of the police car and watching again, it's pretty easy to put it together.

Perp exits vehicle and begins firing. Within about 1.5 seconds (great job there) the officer on the driver's side begins firing through the windshield, which is the smaller group near the middle of the windshield. Once the return fire begins, the perp begins shooting on the move, poorly. Funny he would do that if his intent was to simply get himself killed. As his moving, the officer continues shooting through the windshield at the moving suspect, which explains the horizontal group tracking right to left on the windshield. It appears at least one of the rounds hits the suspect, as you see him flinching his stomach and he begins moving back towards his vehicle. My guess is at this point the officers exit the vehicle and continue firing using the doors as cover. I base that on the total number of rounds fired vs the number of holes in the windshield, and the BG bullet holes in the driver's side door that appear enter head-on. I'd suspect this is when the officer sustained a shrapnel wound to his thigh, and when they finished the bad guy off.

The only thing I can't figure out is when the female officer was shot in the hand, as all of the rounds visible in the pic were sent towards the driver's side.

The awareness, quick reaction and obvious training of the officer saved their lives, plain and simple. If he had hesitated another second to draw his weapon I think the video would have had a very different ending.

5star

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    West baton rouge
    The female officer had gotten out and walked around the back of the car and just made it to the driver door when the gunman got out of the vehicle.

K9CopSGT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Lutcher, LA
    The female officer had gotten out and walked around the back of the car and just made it to the driver door when the gunman got out of the vehicle.

This^^^
    When the BG was flanking to his right, he was trying to get a better shot at the female officer, who had taken cover by the rear corner of the police cruiser.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    This is also a very good reason for the good guys to continually up their game. The bad guys might not be the "stand and deliver" type of shooters. They could easily be training as well.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I have a question. Do you think the lull in fire was due to a reload on the officers part?

Could be, sounds like they took a hasty 2-3 second regroup to reload and formulate a plan on the fly, "you cover...etc" (female officer)

They did well, not much can prep most anyone for a SHTF moment like this. Stay alert, stay alive.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I want to know why the male officer stayed in the vehicle long enough for the female to get out and walk all the way around to the driver side.

I think the female saved her partners life by drawing the BG's fire in the beginning of the engagement.

Also, female lost her left index finger in the shooting, who among us can say they practice one handed reloads enough to do it competently while taking AK fire?
    (Hint: I know what I'll be doing tonight)

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    This is why I couldn't be a cop. A simple traffic stop for running a stop sign turns into a shootout where they were under gunned (though better trained) and the whole thing happened in less than 60 seconds. Wonder where that little goblin was headed before he got stopped........

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I wonder what she was responding to in the first audio you hear.. she says something like wow or something as they are running his plate, I wonder if she has some hit on the plate or saw a bolo for his car.. either way, very intense and very scary..

Top Bottom