Interesting article on Putin's handling of Crimea and Georgia

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    This isn't nearly the threat Hollywood would have us believe. Nuclear Devices leave a finger print after detention. Is very easy via post blast analysis to see whose bomb went off. Whats the End Game for Russia? I doubt the world will buy the excuse "...It was not us it was stolen.." The CBRN Threat in the US is MUCH more likely to be from a Dirty Bomb than a High Yield Device. You can't put the We Nuked You Genie back in the bottle. Using a Nuke against the US or its Allies would result in the end of whatever Country's Device it was current regime. It's simple. Nuclear deterrence is an absolute. Putin knows it, Qadafi knew it, Terehan knows it, and Kim Il Whats His Name knows it. Lots of countries are willing to build a capability and even hint at it but the gap between saying maybe we have have a missile that can reach Guam and actually shooting a missile at Guam is immeasurably wide.

Never forget Power is Money and The Rich and Powerful want to stay Rich and Powerful. Putin is enhancing his standing at home. He doesn't wanna lose his job.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I agree with your logic, but I dont personally believe that a CB or dirty bomb on a private boat up the potomac or hudson, or in a trunk in the disney world parking lot is as hollywood myth as some would have you believe.I firmly believe that we will see in our lifetime on our soil.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Side note; Compare Putin's Speech to the Russian Parliament to Hitler's Speech to The Reichstag after Anchluss with Austria. Spooky. Similar themes, verbage, tone, and boogeyman making.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom