Interesting gun counter discussions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smokeless

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    New Orleans
    I know everybody has had their own wtf experience. Today, I went to Cabelas and while perusing the gun counter I overheard a gentleman discussing his home defense options. He literally said, "I have my hi-point on the right side of my bed and my Katana on the left. And let me tell you what, I feel a whole lot safer now." He then went on the describe the "12 blade folding" Katana that he owned and how deadly it is. The only thing that scared me is the guy behind was eating this stuff up. Anyway, feel free to share your own wtf story.

blinkWTF.gif

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Not so much a convo but the last couple trips to Jefferson Gun I saw some crap.

One guy walks in with a gun that he is looking to sell. The guy behind the counter asks if its loaded and he says no. Guy behind the counter pulls a full mag out if it. He then racks the slide and a bullet flies out. You could see fire coming out his ears. After the guy left he said he would have pistol whipped the guy if he could.

Another time a guy comes in looking to sell a crappy Hi Point and they just flat out told him we don't sell this cheap stuff here. Try a pawn shop. Thought it was funny.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I am a sword collector.

Mainly medieval ones.

It comes from years of medieval combat I guess.

They are on display in my den and down my hallway.

But I keep a 4566 next to the bed.

Anyone who claims a katana and a Hi Pernt for home defense is a moron!

lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    I know everybody has had their own wtf experience. Today, I went to Cabelas and while perusing the gun counter I overheard a gentleman discussing his home defense options. He literally said, "I have my hi-point on the right side of my bed and my Katana on the left. And let me tell you what, I feel a whole lot safer now." He then went on the describe the "12 blade folding" Katana that he owned and how deadly it is. The only thing that scared me is the guy behind was eating this stuff up. Anyway, feel free to share your own wtf story.

blinkWTF.gif

That was you next to me at cabela's? You didn't hear the whole story. I will use the hi point to throw at the perp, and hopefully daze them and finish them off with the katana. And if that doesn't get them my wife sleeps with a ginsu knife next to her with some throwing stars underneath her pillow.:mamoru:

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I am a sword collector.

Mainly medieval ones.

It comes from years of medieval combat I guess.

They are on display in my den and down my hallway.

But I keep a 4566 next to the bed.

Anyone who claims a katana and a Hi Pernt for home defense is a moron!

I keep shurikens and nunchucks next to the bed i sleep like a baby ninja waiting to bounce..

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    You guys really are out of the loop. The new standard for home defense is the Yoshi blade. The blade is ceramic so you don't have to worry about re-sharpening on the middle of a fight. As an added bonus blood won't cause the blade to pit like ordinary steel.

Amateurs.
    https://yoshiblade.com/

lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    You guys really are out of the loop. The new standard for home defense is the Yoshi blade. The blade is ceramic so you don't have to worry about re-sharpening on the middle of a fight. As an added bonus blood won't cause the blade to pit like ordinary steel.

Amateurs.
    https://yoshiblade.com/

If you buy now you get the second one for free!!!! Man how do they stay in business giving away one every time they sell one? AMAZING!! Infomercials just haven't been the same since ol Billy died.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I have a buddy from another forum that retired from the Navy last year and is now working part time in a gun store.
    He had 17 friends and co workers that went down on the Chinook in A-Stan last year so you'll know his background in the Navy.
    He said you wouldn't believe the people that come into where he works and all the crazy and unsafe crap they do. He misses sales on some stuff and tells the people to go research what the want and come back.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I have a buddy from another forum that retired from the Navy last year and is now working part time in a gun store.
    He had 17 friends and co workers that went down on the Chinook in A-Stan last year so you'll know his background in the Navy.
    He said you wouldn't believe the people that come into where he works and all the crazy and unsafe crap they do. He misses sales on some stuff and tells the people to go research what the want and come back.

That is great, he is being a responsible person and I applaud him!! I wish more people would take a stand against the ID10T errors out there.

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    "bra, dat's du same gun dat du Seals use! (finger outstretched and pointing towards a Keltec) How many bullets does dat clip hold?"
    Academy, Lafayette, 06/13/12

Last month, I asked the hired help in "sporting goods", "do you have any handgun magazines?".
    "sir, if we would, they would be on display by the Louisiana Sportsman Magazine...".
    "no, no, (tried using correct nomenclature) Ya'll got any extra "clips" for pistols?"
    "yes sir, look two aisles over, on the left..."

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Was in a gun shop not long ago and 4 homies strode in, all gangster like. They walked right up to the salesman and said something along the lines of:

Yo dog, show us some choppah's

Salesman said he sold guns not helicopters and asked them to leave.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom