Interesting gun counter discussions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Sounds like Mr. Moustache and 70s haircut at TP. I won't shop there any more because of him.

yep I know exactly who that is then, same guy I was trying to buy a rifle from a while back, and he said we only show this one to people who can afford it, I layed out something like three grand and told him I wasnt interested.

Ok so maybe I had been in the woods for a week and looked homeless but it's a damn hunting store!!!

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    yep I know exactly who that is then, same guy I was trying to buy a rifle from a while back, and he said we only show this one to people who can afford it, I layed out something like three grand and told him I wasnt interested.

Ok so maybe I had been in the woods for a week and looked homeless but it's a damn hunting store!!!

The last time I went there for primers he got pissy because I didn't want to pay him $70 a brick when two other shops within 10 minutes drive had them in stock for $40 a brick. The time before that he had overpriced a box of ammo there so badly that it cost less for me to mail order a 50 round box and pay shipping than it would have cost me to buy a 20 round box of the same ammo in the store.

I won't even buy hardware there after my last encounter with him. I would take a quick stroll past the gun counter when I was in there for something else just to see if they had anything new and interesting. If an employee asked if they could help me, I'd reply "I'm just looking." so that if they have something else they need to get done I'm not wasting their time. The last time I went in there he walked up to me, sneered at me, and says "You look but you don't ever, ever get do you?" and walked off. I thought about complaining to the owners but he's one of their ******* buddies so I suspect they don't really care. I seldom bought anything because hardware there anyway because of their insane prices; now I'll drive 5 times as far and burn $3-4 of gas to buy a 99 cent item somewhere else because they support this cockstain.

Last edited:

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    The last time I went there for primers he got pissy because I didn't want to pay him $70 a brick when two other shops within 10 minutes drive had them in stock for $40 a brick. The time before that he had overpriced a box of ammo there so badly that it cost less for me to mail order a 50 round box and pay shipping than it would have cost me to buy a 20 round box of the same ammo in the store.

I won't even buy hardware there after my last encounter with him. I would take a quick stroll past the gun counter when I was in there for something else just to see if they had anything new and interesting. If an employee asked if they could help me, I'd reply "I'm just looking." so that if they have something else they need to get done I'm not wasting their time. The last time I went in there he walked up to me, sneered at me, and says "You look but you don't ever, ever get do you?" and walked off. I thought about complaining to the owners but he's one of their ******* buddies so I suspect they don't really care. I seldom bought anything because hardware there anyway because of their insane prices; now I'll drive 5 times as far and burn $3-4 of gas to buy a 99 cent item somewhere else because they support this cockstain.

I pretty much stick to TOOL TOWN/TRADING POST OR L&M for local purchases now. As far as hardware goes, my parents owned Mahoney's Camp R Land on cypress st. And my dad has a shop full of everything I could possibly need left from them closing, but the people at Home and Ranch by Well Road usually have everything I need at way better prices than T.P.

Last edited:

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA
    I still don't understand why revolvers are "pathetic." Is there a gun counter dude video that will explain this view?

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Long story short, he told me one of the responsiblities of having a CHL (or CCP in Louisiana) was that you were required to stop and help if you witness an accident. I said "you're supposed to do that anyway...legally and morally." he stated that was true but when you have a CHL it carries even greater responsibility.

Not trying to bust your chops, but last time I checked you are NOT legally required as a lay-person to stop and help at an accident scene...Even off-duty medics, contrary to popular belief, are not legally required to stop and render aid...

Smokeless

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    New Orleans
    been fishing all weekend and wow...

awwwwshit.jpg

Smokeless

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    New Orleans
    I was in a really ghetto pawnshop in Monroe a few months back and overheard a conversation between the gun-impaired employee and a female customer. The employee was showing her a snub revolver and cocked the hammer to demonstrate.

Employee:"But then you have to ease it down with your thumb. I think these are really dangerous guns."

Customer:"Well, isn't that kind of the ****ing point?"

Employee looks like he got slapped in the face and wanders off to find the owner...

Was she attractive? I'm always intrigued by good looking ladies at the gun counter. I wish I could find a chick that is half as interested in the goofy **** that I am interested in..

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    :hi5: Damn Straight. :rofl: I do want a nice replica of one. I don't even own a black powder revolver. :( I was holding an 1851 and damn if that gun doesn't fit my hand so well.

Seriously though. I got a 4" M28 not too long ago and have really fallen in love with it. I figure a big bore gun with a 2.5-3.5" barrel would be super sweet. :rofl:

I bought my dad a Uberti replica for Christmas about 6 years ago. It is REALLY nice and REALLY heavy. The way I see Gus wield it in that movie makes me think he must be Arnold Swartzenegger. It's like carrying a fire hydrant on your belt.

It has a lot of kick too, even when compared to a modern smokeless magnum gun. The loading lever under the barrel has a tendency to fall down after the gun is fired. our ancestors made up for this by putting a leather twine around the barrel and lever and/or by bending the "spring" that holds the lever in place

Last edited:

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    Not trying to bust your chops, but last time I checked you are NOT legally required as a lay-person to stop and help at an accident scene...Even off-duty medics, contrary to popular belief, are not legally required to stop and render aid...

I guess I expressed myself badly. I didn't mean "help" as in do CPR (I don't know where they've been) or putting fires out. ( I mean't you have to stop, see if they need help or a phone call or just be a witness. I think they're called "Good Samaritan laws"

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I guess I expressed myself badly. I didn't mean "help" as in do CPR (I don't know where they've been) or putting fires out. ( I mean't you have to stop, see if they need help or a phone call or just be a witness. I think they're called "Good Samaritan laws"

The Good Samaritan laws are to protect those who do stop and render aid from getting sued...they were designed to give immunity primarily to lay people from lawsuits in hope that it would alleviate people's fear of any liability and get them to stop voluntarily...

Louisiana Good Samaritan Act

LSA-R.S. 37:1731.

Gratuitous service at scene of emergency; limitation on liability

A. No physician or surgeon licensed under the provisions of Chapter 15 of this Title, or nurses licensed under the provisions of Chapter 11 of this Title who in good faith gratuitously renders emergency care or services at the scene of an emergency, except in a public or private hospital of this state, to a person or persons in need thereof shall be liable for any civil damages as a result of any act or omission by such person in rendering the care or services or as a result of any act or failure to act to provide or arrange for further medical treatment or care for the person involved in the said emergency.

B. Any physician, surgeon, or member of the medical profession who is not licensed to practice medicine in Louisiana but who holds a valid license to practice medicine in any other state of the United States who gratuitously renders care or services at the scene of an emergency as herein provided shall not be charged with violation of the Louisiana Medical Practice Act.

C. No veterinarian licensed under the provisions of Chapter 18 of this Title, who in good faith gratuitously renders emergency care or services or assistance at the scene of an emergency to an animal or animals in need thereof, shall be liable for any civil damages as a result of any act or omission by such person in rendering the care or services or assistance, or as a result of any act or failure to act to provide or arrange for further veterinary medical treatment or care for the animal involved in the said emergency.

D. No dentist licensed under the provisions of Chapter 9 of this Title, who in good faith gratuitously renders emergency care or services at the scene of an emergency, except in a licensed dentist office or public or private hospital, to a person or persons in need thereof shall be liable for any civil damages as a result of any act or omission by such person in rendering the care or services or as a result of any act or failure to act to provide or arrange for further dental care or treatment or care for the person involved in the emergency.

E. (1) No emergency medical technician who in good faith gratuitously renders emergency care or services at the scene of an emergency to a person or persons in need thereof shall be liable for any civil damages as a result of any act or omission in rendering the care or services or as a result of any act or failure to act to provide or arrange for further medical treatment or care for the person involved in the emergency. (2) For purposes of this Section, "emergency medical technician" means a certified first responder as defined in R.S. 40:1231(10) and a certified emergency medical technician as defined in R.S. 40:1231(3), (4), or (5).

(1988)

Like I said before, not ragging on you, just making sure that good info is put out there for others....

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    Ahhh. IC. One of the first things I was taugh way back in driving school (in Texas not Louisiana btw) was that you are required to stop and render whatever aid you can to people in an accident and be a witness. I remember vividly the driving instructor in front of the class humorously saying, "If you see an accident you need to stop and see if you can help. Now you might want to say oh well he's not kin to be, I don't care about him...but the law says you are required to stop." Maybe the law's different in Texas. Thanks for correction!

EDIT: http://ask.metafilter.com/59744/Failure-to-stop-and-render-aid Hmm...well most agree that even in Texas it's not required. But apparently I didn't imagine being told this in DS because the person who posed this question was told the same thing in DS in Texas.

Last edited:

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Was she attractive? I'm always intrigued by good looking ladies at the gun counter. I wish I could find a chick that is half as interested in the goofy **** that I am interested in..

Only if your idea of attractive includes missing half her teeth and having boobs that Tarzan could swing from.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom