Interesting pics from cartel gunfight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    On slide 20, in the lower right hand corner, there is a pic of a dark red/maroon suburban that was definately not shot up in some lame ass cartel shootout.

That suburban was a rental that some dumbass airmen were driving and wandered on to a live fire range and a fighter pilot thought it was part of his exercise and lit it up with his canon. I'll have to go find the news article that goes with it. You don't get softball sized holes from small arms.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    On slide 20, in the lower right hand corner, there is a pic of a dark red/maroon suburban that was definately not shot up in some lame ass cartel shootout.

That suburban was a rental that some dumbass airmen were driving and wandered on to a live fire range and a fighter pilot thought it was part of his exercise and lit it up with his canon. I'll have to go find the news article that goes with it. You don't get softball sized holes from small arms.

I was wondering how those holes ended up in it.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I can't seem to find any actual article to attach the photo to, just forum after forum posting the same image with the same story. Could be a complete hoax for all I know.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I can't seem to find any actual article to attach the photo to, just forum after forum posting the same image with the same story. Could be a complete hoax for all I know.

From when? This gunfight supposedly took place on the 16th of July, 2010. Are the pictures/story from before then?

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

No, it is a law enforcement sensitive intel report that was not supposed to be public.

Some jackass sent it to his buddy, and here it is.:rolleyes:

kirkdbergeron

Zombie Killah! LOL
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Morgan City, LA
    No, it is a law enforcement sensitive intel report that was not supposed to be public.

Some jackass sent it to his buddy, and here it is.:rolleyes:

:mad: Yeah! thats supposed to be like vegas!

a2346990-56-las-vegas-you-better-hope-it-stays-there-demotivational-poster.jpg

:rofl:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Dude, you are not even on the same page.

Maybe you are right. i missed the suburban. Then again, it could just be placed there to show the types of vehicles used and not actually the vehicles involved.

I am still trying to figure out the 40mm round. that would, depending on the kind of round, make a whole exactly like that.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    I don't know anything about the 40 mike mike's, or matching tennis shoes. This whole thing sort of stinks like a well played and prepared internet hoax, soon to be legend.
    I can see something like this being leaked, no doubt. But, the reasoning behind the authors assumptions and alike, it kind of seems like some bored college kid got tired of playing nintendo, and decided to get creative.
    I think a slideshow/INTEL report at that level of law enforcement would have contained a lot more valid intelligence and interpretation. That is just my opinion. For intance, the one slide where the fella' had his head opened up like a dropped melon, why choose that photo and centerpiece it, all in an effort to illustrate live rounds?
    Besides, with that many magazines damaged, and that many live rounds laying around, I would assume a magazine "spit" itself clean after being hit and damaged(I could be wrong, but it looked like a mag spring laying next to the mags in one slide). I mean, in all honesty, to assume those live rounds came from jam ups, or other problems, would mean somebody spent more time behind cover trying to get his weapon to work, than he did putting all those holes in vehicles.
    I would hope, that at the state and federal level of enforcement, Texas and Mexican authorities could put together more intelligence than an interpretation of a handful of crime scene photos.
    This whole things stinks like a well planned, and drawn out, college kid internet prank.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I don't know anything about the 40 mike mike's, or matching tennis shoes. This whole thing sort of stinks like a well played and prepared internet hoax, soon to be legend.
    I can see something like this being leaked, no doubt. But, the reasoning behind the authors assumptions and alike, it kind of seems like some bored college kid got tired of playing nintendo, and decided to get creative.
    I think a slideshow/INTEL report at that level of law enforcement would have contained a lot more valid intelligence and interpretation. That is just my opinion. For intance, the one slide where the fella' had his head opened up like a dropped melon, why choose that photo and centerpiece it, all in an effort to illustrate live rounds?
    Besides, with that many magazines damaged, and that many live rounds laying around, I would assume a magazine "spit" itself clean after being hit and damaged(I could be wrong, but it looked like a mag spring laying next to the mags in one slide).
    I would hope, that at the state level of enforcement, Texas and Mexican authorities could put together more intelligence that an interpretation of crime scene photos.
    This whole things stinks like a well planned and drawn out college kid internet prank.

I hear ya, but i have seen literally hundreds of these through official LEO and military channels. This one is par for the course.

i agree ost of the live rounds are from busted magazines. I doubt they were trying to jam magazine a firefight, but it has happened.

this is a typical intel report that goes across unsecure wires. it could be real, but there are some inconsistencies that have yet to be explained.

Top Bottom