Internet Cafe security guard kills robber

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007

Video released from fatal shootout at Internet café
    Two men are on the loose after gun battle at Allied Veterans Internet Café on East Semoran Boulevard.

An attempted armed robbery of an Internet café in Seminole County early Tuesday left one of the suspected robbers dead and deputies combing Pine Hills for his accomplices.

Gary Bryant, 21, was one of two men who walked into the Allied Veterans Internet Café at 3030 East Semoran Boulevard about 1 a.m. and later ended up dead after a shootout with a security guard.

bryant.jpg
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/os-apopka-robber-shot-dead-20110419,0,5850027.story
    http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...ideo-shows-gunmen-bursting-into-Internet-cafe

I guess they were never told.
    1181%20-%20animals%20business%20internet%20not-amused%20penguin%20serious%20weapons.jpg

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I didn't see anyone get killed.
    The BG that fell had been shot as he was leaving out the door .

He died from his wound and his accomplices dropped his body off in a hotel parking lot.

:)

Last edited:

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I hope it doesn’t happen but will the guard be charged with shooting a fleeing robber in the back?

I seriously doubt that he will be charged, but I would expect him to be sued by the family of the deceased. And he is at some risk in the civil action, although it is not as bad as it sounds at first blush.

"Shooting him in the back as he fled" is only something that can be said in hindsight, and even then you don't know for sure. At the time, it was in the middle of a gun battle. Once the fight is on, it's not so clear that he was fleeing, and he could have been running for better cover from which to return fire. At least one of the other guys shot back at the occupants from outside the building.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I hope it doesn’t happen but will the guard be charged with shooting a fleeing robber in the back?

Well....You never know, but my personal opinion is probably not....It's not as if the now-dead BG had thrown down his weapon as he retreated. If they still have a gun in their hand, the threat is still there- as evidenced by the fact that the other bad guy appeared to return fire before they fled.....

Sometimes, when you play stupid games....you get a kidney blown apart & you bleed to death. But this only happens once.:)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom