Internet gun advice

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Another post got me to thinking about it.
    Say a newish guy posts here or on another Internet forum asking for gun advice- I will admit this site is not nearly as bad as many others though.

New guy: hey everybody. I am new to this and looking at a new handgun and want some opinions. I was thinking of getting a (insert lower end gun model here: hi point, sigma, llama, etc) and want to know what others think about it. Please give me your opinions good or bad. Thanks.

37 guys who never even touched that model: Junk, don't waste your money!

Another 37 guys who have "personal experience" with one: my cousin's sister's next door neighbor had one and it was junk.

Another 37 guys who never touched one: I read that is was a piece of crap.

2 guys who have/ had one of the same model: decent for the price, but I would save up and get something a little better especially if you plan on putting more than 100 rounds thru it.

2 more guys who had one: I had one that was nothing but problems, got rid of it as soon as I could.

2 more guys who have one: decent enough to leave behind the truck seat or in the boat, but if your life depends on it, save some more money and get something better.

2 more guys that have one: great buy for the money. I have put at least 200 rounds thru mine and it only jammed a couple times. ( obviously new to guns)

8 sig fanboys: junk, get a sig.

8 HK fanboys: junk, get a hK

17 glock fanboys: everything not a glock is junk.

3 old timers: real guns don't hold more than 6 bullets, get yourself a decent revolver.

Am I missing anyone?

pete70056

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Gretna, La
    Bingo! Everybody (almost) on the site is an expert. More than a few have caustic mouthed diatribes, that they believe, makes their Johnson bigger. I have never checked, but I doubt that it actually does. :rolleyes:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I think you nailed it. That's why I recommend people validate their opinion.

"I had one of those and it's been utterly reliable."

"I had one of those and it's been utterly reliable for the 20 rounds I shot it while sitting at a bench at the range."

Are very different statements.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    New guy: hey everybody. I am new to this and looking at a new handgun and want some opinions. I was thinking of getting a (insert lower end gun model here: hi point, sigma, llama, etc) and want to know what others think about it. Please give me your opinions good or bad. Thanks.

17 glock fanboys: everything not a glock is junk.

Well, at least 17 got it right....:p

And you forgot one...

1 guy: Get a Bersa....it's cheaper but just as good as Glock, SIG, HK, S&W....

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Same thing happens on the fishing sites I visit. Brand X boat is better than brand Y, at least that is what I have been told. And don't bash a Ranger.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom