Interpolation Method

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Later

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    Good Day,

Just wanted to provide you guys with an interpolation method that is simple yet very effective in regards to calculating elevation requirements to a particular distance target even though your data card does not have that exact distance. But as long as you have the distance before and after that particular distance here is how you calculate it.

Using 375/408 ballistics in this example.
    My data card has the following:
    1400yard elevation requirements of 31.50 MOA
    1500yard elevation requirements of 38.25 MOA

My target is now at 1464yards and due to its size I need exact elevation requirements.

1. Start with the known elevation requirements for a range nearer and farther than 1464yards

1400 is 31.50
    1500 is 38.25

2. Subtract the smaller number from the larger number and you get 6.75MOA

3. The result of this is the number of MOA required from 1400 to 1500. Which is 6.75MOA

4. We are trying to find elevation requirements for 1464, so we drop the numbers from the hundreds spot forward because we have narrowed the requirements within the know hundreds distances.. Put decimal point in front of that remaining number, as this is the decimal value of distance you are trying to find.
    x .64 = 4.32

5. You then add that 4.32MOA to the "lowest" known closest elevation requirement which was 31.5MOA for 1400. That calculation now gives you 35.82MOA elevation needed for your intended 1464yard target.

Thanks

Top Bottom