Introduction to Defensive Knife / Defensive Pistol - FREE CLASS.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Thank you to SR-NOLA and NOLACOPUSMC for your time and knowledge you shared with us today. I highly recommend anyone interested in training to give these guys a try. I learned alot in one day and am looking forward to more training. This was my first formal training and this class has me really looking forward to the next one.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    The Defensive Knife trainging has been going on pretty much every Sunday since April if I'm not mistaken. They've been meeting in the park in N.O.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    Echoing US Infidel Thank you to SR-NOLA and NOLACOPUSMC the class was fun and educational. Thanks to the other participants for showing up and rounding out the class especially Big Jake for being my stunt dummy in the knife side of class. Overall a laid back class with good information presented in a clear and concise manner. We covered a lot of ground in a short time (1/2 hour safety, 3 hours knife, 1/2 hour lunch, 3 hours pistol with lots of hydration) so it was a condensed class that give us the knowledge of what we should be practicing on our own and to help us recognize any training errors on our parts. For instance I have a problem pushing with my left hand that Brandon noticed and helped me to correct so that I can make my practice time more effective. If you can find time to make it to New Orleans on for the Sunday practice sessions I would definitely go and try to learn something. I know we all like our side arm, but there are a few too many places it cant come. Looking forward to the next one!

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Look under the Hand to Hand Combat section of the forum. I put the postings for the "defensive knife workshop" there. We meet at City Park on Sunday mornings

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    It was time well spent. Very informative and well thought out in the training (classroom) sense. Both of the instructors were extremely knowledgeable and I came away from it better equipped for some situations that I may find myself. Thanks to SpentBrass for being my training partner and all of the other guys and lady that were there. Looking forward to taking more of these in the future.

On a side note. I would like to thank both of the guys that were doing the training. They volunteered their time to do this for us and that is much appreciated. I also appreciate the "Common Sense" type format that y'all use in your training. I'm hoping to see and be a part of the exciting things that are planed for the near future.

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    There will be more to come.....I try to inject "common sense" and realism into all of the training I do. We all know that the brain isnt going to fire on all 8 cylinders during an altercation....mid-brain and gross motor skills will most probably reign supreme.... Any "sophisticated" ie: dojo... self defense tech is flying straight out the window once TSHTF.

If it does not..your awesome.

Top Bottom