Investment in firearm manufacturing companies?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Who plans to increase their portfolio (not firearms) % in manufacturing companies over the next month or two? This seems like the optimal time & one way to capitalize on the ignorance of this artificial debate while it happens.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Who plans to increase their portfolio (not firearms) % in manufacturing companies over the next month or two? This seems like the optimal time & one way to capitalize on the ignorance of this artificial debate while it happens.

With Freedom Group selling off all their gun stocks, prices should come down and it should be a prime time to buy them up. Wish I had the money to do it.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Political investments rarely pay off. What's your RRR and acceptable risk factor? Investments that are made for political reasons have zero bearing on the actual outcome of the stock.
    Ex: you buy some Remington stock because people fear a ban on ammo. Remington makes a boatload of money for six months, then uses the profits to help fund its transition to a new type of product.
    End result, they made, then spent a ton of money, the stock remains relatively stable, your dividends haven't increased, and you haven't made much from the deal.

If you want to take advantage of the market by day trading that stock, that's hardly investing.

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I was joking about this today with someone. I think S&W and Sturm Ruger are the main two traded firearms manufacturers. If I had billions, then I'd probably buy a million in each just to show my support.

Alas with my under 7 figure portfolio, I'll stick with buying index funds that own both manufacturers and be content with that. If I had to bet I'd say that the liberal rhetoric is just that. With the Republican House nothing will change except the gun manufactures will make a boat load of profits. S&W will be at $12 a share in 6 months is my prediction. :D

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    this is not the time to buy, wait till it drops. it hasn't even begun to bottom out. you're better off investing in indexes for homebuilding

Top Bottom