IO AK47C VS Centruy arms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Forgive me for all the AK ?
    The local barneys has a IO AK-47C in tan side folder with a tactical foregrip 685.99 plus tax. I know I can get a Centruy for cheaper but after I change out the furniture I will be close to the IO price. Does anybody know how the quality between the two are?

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Is there something wrong with the Guns IO builds or is it the company, The gun seem fine when I held it and played with all though I did't get to shoot it. Im looking for a shooter im not looking for a high dollar AK just something to put some rounds through.

I have been looking at Landers and that why I asked how they compared to the centruys. I like some of the guns he has but he don't have any setup with the tan polymer like I like. He is also 3.5 hours away, guess I will check out the local gun show this weekend and also I have to win some more poker money this weekend.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I have 2 century Ak's and have never had any problem with either one of the two, I also own an M14 Century Stamp that runs like a champ, a lot of people hate the brand but so far it has been good for me but I also dont run them every day, but for the average guy they are more than sufficient. Not sure if your mind is set on an AK, but since you are looking at Century check their "Cemte" and their "Galil" both are really good builds.

The local gun show is ok, unfurtunetly it has lost the meaning of being able to trade and buy decent used weapons a lot of the stuff you find at the Blackham Colliseum is new or almost new, so you will pay dealer prices regardless.

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    Find a G kit $250, buy a receiver $55,and drop off to Redjacket at that time put a Redjacket threaded FH on it...

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    That IO looks like pure junk! For less $$$ you could have an Arsenal SGL-21 out the door at your FFL. And that's a top notch AK.

As for wanting tan furniture...

KRY53554.JPG

:D

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like the Arsenals have gone back up in price. Oh well. I'd still stay away from that IO thingy.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom