iPhone visual voicemail restoration?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    My iPhone 4 was dying (literally), so I found someone local with a 4S. I checked out the phones, and swapped SIM cards to make sure my card worked in her phone. I stuck the (dead) SIM from the 4S into my old 4 just so I wouldn't lose it.

I get home, and realize that lots of my important/sentimental messages had been deleted. Some of these were extremely important to have on record. I read on the apple site that "Inserting another SIM into your phone will delete all visual voicemails". I can still access them if I call my number, but its a nightmare to navigate voicemail that way.

Is there ANYONE who can help/assist me in getting all of the old voicemails off of my phone, or atleast make them reappear? I'll provide beer/dollars.

-Dave

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Maybe try restoring from a backup in iTunes? You do backup your phone right? This may or may not work, but that's what I would maybe try.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Maybe try restoring from a backup in iTunes? You do backup your phone right? This may or may not work, but that's what I would maybe try.

I stopped backing up my phone after iTunes bricked an old 3G of mine. Haha.

I've heard of them having some programs that will help restore your old voicemails, but didn't know if anyone on here had experience with them.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I know this doesn't help, but I had my iPhone cloud backup fail (they told me I had nothing backed up.... But I had it professionally done since I'm a tech idiot) and I lost all my numbers.

Bout 2 months later I was about to call my mother, and 1/2 my contacts just SHOWED UP.

That was my last iPhone.

On my second Android and couldnt be happier.

Make the switch.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I gave up on Apple a couple of years ago and went with the Galaxy S3. I got tired of the new versions of iOS slowing down my phone. I get that the newest operating system is best when you have the latest hardware, but I'm not an early adopter of electronics. I'll let other people work out the kinks before I shell out my money. First BluRay player I ever saw was $1000 at Best Buy and there were no good movies available for it yet. Two years later I bought a BluRay player for $199 and had tons of movies.

Anyway...l'm getting off topic. Maybe check out the archives at techguylabs.com. You may find something there that helps. Good luck.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I just needed something SMALL (good lord android users), and something that fit all of the connectors and crap I already had.

If there was ever an iPhone 4/4S (even the 5/5S is too big IMO) sized phone with an Android OS, I'd buy it immediately.

Are there any out there? I've got an ultrathin laptop for movies, so I don't use my phone to do anything other than read/text/call.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    if you've EVER backedup the phone, I can give you a crash course on extracting the data from your registry, and repatching it to your current sim.

if not- i think you're screwed bud.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom