IPSIC And Other Competitive Shooters, Watch This Vid !

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    The RO, shooter, and event organizers need to be tarred and feathered. One could argue the level of fault for the pasty guy too for obviously having his head up his ass, but he gets a pass from me. How the F do you run a stage and let this happen?!? Absolutely indefensible.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I can't blame the pasty guy, he is back there helping out, and likely has earplugs in. Sounds like another stage was being shot very close, so he likely doesn't realize the shots are on his stage. Glad no one was hurt, and I bet none of the four will ever have that happen again. Personally, I would have erased that video.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    well, read the comments and watched again, he is not pasting targets, he is collecting brass. He gets his slice of the blame pie in my book now. Don't pick up brass until all shooters are done, best when match is over and cleaning up.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    That's crazy.... RO should have cleared the range, Guy picking up brass should have known not to go on to the stage etc.... Good thing was no one was hurt, but that could have ended very differently.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Bad range safety. I say the shooter had some pretty good SA and stopped shooting on his own.

Glad nobody got hurt. That could have ended up very badly.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Even though the pastey guy was Brass Whoring when he should not have been it is the ROs responsibility to make sure everyone is back before starting the shooter.The fact that the shooter had to stop his self because the RO froze up shows the RO might not have been doing his job at all.Thank God for the net walls in the back side of the course or it mite have gon real bad.Plywood walls would have hid him pretty good.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    It is good that this video was posted. We all need to be reminded of our responsibility to keep our hobby safe. All of us must observe this video as we view ourselves in a mirror. Complacency can set in anywhere and at any time. Vigilance is a small price to pay for our safety.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Multiple failures in that video. Whenever I'm taping a long course like that where the RO can't easily see me I always pay extra attention for commands like "make ready"

Should've never happened. But it did.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    I use the Peltor TEP-100 in ear electronic ear plugs and they do great like the Howard Leights, but you can barely hear the RO say "okay ready". Just wondering I have never been to a match like that, but how does the RO normally clear that setup? It seems like there is a lot of stuff blocking view, etc... Is there a normal procedure, like guy clear's course, board guy goes down next to put up targets, etc..., RO walks course, then comes back?

I am being serious just wondering how they normally do it.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I don't know exactly what the written rules for the RO are with regards tithe proper procedure for making sure the course of fire is clear. But most the ones I've shot with will take a short walk and look to see if someone is there. Particularly if it's a long course of fire with blind spots like that one was.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    LOL...I wonder how the guys who want the video deleted feel about police body cameras? Nothing like sweeping some egg on the face under the rug...:rofl:

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    Well, I notice at my local range I am member at I see some of the worst safety in the world. From the Police doing their qualifying, tactical daily guys, older men (in my opinion are some of worst). I know on the pistol side I will usually just sit and wait till everyone is done.

Examples Pistol Side:
    • 3 large males, ages 26 to 32 about. Shooting single action revolvers all at same time sideways, cowboy fast action, and the obvious waving around.
    • 1 older gentlemen and what I thought was probably his son teaching him how to shoot a ruger lc9 with red laser. Older gentlemen no glass's, no hearing protection. His son told him he has to look for the laser and I swear this is what he did..... turned the gun straight to his face to see if it was on.

Examples Rifle Side:
    Too many to list.... I can't stand the guys that come out in matching clothes and use those retarded over the top grip holds on AR's, etc.... my youngest brother just got back from his 4th tour Army SF and he passed his class at Bragg so he was done here for awhile. I asked him about those crazy holds that are popular on AR's now, etc.. and he said he has never seen that or used those techniques.

I also witnessed 2 times the RO who is retired sheriff at the last range I was member shoot himself in the foot drawing his weapon to show me and then someone else how to properly shoot our weapons.

Also, just glad no one was hurt and it didn't make front page of fox news...I really only saw the guy in the line of fire on the video at last second.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom