Is Banning Gay Marriage Constitutional?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    The vast amount of Blacks look at Whites very curiously with regards to the gay issue. It's not tolerated at all in the Black community and you will very, very rarely see an openly gay Black male being acknowledged, much less accepted, in the Black community. He's more likely to get rolled - not that assaulting someone is justifiable, either. There was one in my neighborhood as a child and he was methodically beaten like a proverbial drum weekly until his mother moved.

We have aberrant behavior trying to be made Mainstream. It's being forced down everyone's throats and I find it extremely odd that apparently normal persons would vouch for the horrible behavior.

Now that I did not know. It's interesting because as a 19 year old female, before the 21 law went into full effect in '95, I was a bartender. The first gay male I met was a black man. He was older, 30s I suppose but always ran with young twenty year old white men.

Ockham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Now that I did not know. It's interesting because as a 19 year old female, before the 21 law went into full effect in '95, I was a bartender. The first gay male I met was a black man. He was older, 30s I suppose but always ran with young twenty year old white men.

Pretty sure homosexual marriage met its defeat largely because of the black vote in California. I believe if the black vote mirrored the white vote, it would have been enough of a flip to actually change the result.

We have aberrant behavior trying to be made Mainstream. It's being forced down everyone's throats and I find it extremely odd that apparently normal persons would vouch for the horrible behavior.

Since gays aren't being allowed to marry, exactly whats being forced down who's throat? I'm sorry homosexuals simply exist - that's something you're going to have to deal with.

Give it time, it will be just as mainstream as interacial marriages. All this aberrant behavior stuff is weak talk unless you'll speak out against oral sex and many different types of fetishes.

Last edited:

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    Considering gallop polls have had support for interacial marriage in the mid to upper 70's for almost a decade now, I think it might be more helpful if you told me where in the USA do you live?

Maybe we should poll the residents of Walker and see if that 70+% holds up. :rofl:

As I stated before. Asking the question, "Do you approve or disapprove of interracial marriage?," is like asking "are you racist?"

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Ah, a stab at some off topic information to see if I even belong here - probably because you don't like what I type. I wonder if you'd be asking me this question if I agreed with everything you said?

It's not your disagreement with myself and other members but your voravity at defending gay marriage. You have contributed nothing to what this forum was designed for. Guns. Are you a polite troll? Are you a gay person spreading your agenda? Not one Gun post. Facts. The question is simple. Do you own any firearms and care to contribute to the subject?

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    It's not your disagreement with myself and other members but your voravity at defending gay marriage. You have contributed nothing to what this forum was designed for. Guns. Are you a polite troll? Are you a gay person spreading your agenda? Not one Gun post. Facts. The question is simple. Do you own any firearms and care to contribute to the subject?

red%20herring.bmp

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA

Normally I stay away from topics such as this one but I do find your comment to be quite interesting. He has 19 posts, 18 of which are on this thread and he has been a member since March of 2009. This post must have really struck a nerve with him for some reason. Ockham, I mean no offense.

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Normally I stay away from topics such as this one but I do find your comment to be quite interesting. He has 19 posts, 18 of which are on this thread and he has been a member since March of 2009. This post must have really struck a nerve with him for some reason. Ockham, I mean no offense.

Me either. Just an observed fact.

Ockham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I trolled a bit on some of the topic here before deciding to join. I created an account, forgot about it, was deleting some old messages out of my email, as I was deleting some of the emails I saw some from bayoushooters but had just deleted them, came here, typed in the wrong password, got another email resent to me for a new password, logged in and scrolled down the main page, and this topic stood out.

I own two guns, a pistol and a rifle, and use to shoot somewhat often. I'm progun and belong to the NRA. I am not a homosexual, but I do realize that most of my views will not line up with most of the members here.

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    I trolled a bit on some of the topic here before deciding to join. I created an account, forgot about it, was deleting some old messages out of my email, as I was deleting some of the emails I saw some from bayoushooters but had just deleted them, came here, typed in the wrong password, got another email resent to me for a new password, logged in and scrolled down the main page, and this topic stood out.

I own two guns, a pistol and a rifle, and use to shoot somewhat often. I'm progun and belong to the NRA. I am not a homosexual, but I do realize that most of my views will not line up with most of the members here.

No problem, you are an American and are entitled to have whatever views you wish. Welcome.

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

Bravo NickJ6!

Not grilling you just because you disagree with me. Well, yes I am but I can take opposing views. You got a buddy with Nick. Nick. You got a picture of a dead horse being whipped? Preferrably a heterosexual one.

Last edited:

Ockham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Not grilling you just because you disagree with me. Well, yes I am but I can take opposing views. You got a buddy with Nick. Nick. You got a picture of a dead horse being whipped?

Nick posted a picture of a logical fallacy you commited, not trying to rub that in your face or anything. I just wasn't sure if you got the message.

Ockham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I understood clearly. But it is a valid question none the less.

Valid to the discussion at hand? It's called a logical fallacy for a reason - its an illogical angle from which to attack and idea from. I think you'll have just as much of a hard time arguing that as you've argued against gay marriage :p

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Valid to the discussion at hand? It's called a logical fallacy for a reason - its an illogical angle from which to attack and idea from. I think you'll have just as much of a hard time arguing that as you've argued against gay marriage :p

Subjects in a thread can change. I would have started a thread new to ask you but you would have never seen it hanging out on this thread. There are no winners in the gay marriage debate. BTW - I'm waiting with great anticipation to see your participation in a gun thread. Did I need to start a new thread to post that?

Last edited:

Ockham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Walker, LA
    There are no winners in the gay marriage debate.

Unfortunately, there is a fair amount of truth to that. Morality is ultimately subjective. Still, I do think that even subjectivity can be argued. Just look at Olympic sports that require judges to score performances based on certain criteria. I think that even though morality is subjective, you can still select goals you'd like a society to accomplish and see which rules give you the best shot at reaching those goals.

"You cannot get an ought from an is"

- David Hume

Top Bottom