Is BP company man guilty of negligible homicide?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    http://www.picassodreams.com/picass...ow-about-the-deep-water-horizon-accident.html

BP contracted Schlumberger (SLB) to run the Cement Bond Log (CBL) test that was the final test on the plug that was skipped. The people testifying have been very coy about mentioning this, and you'll see why.

SLB is an extremely highly regarded (and incredibly expensive) service company. They place a high standard on safety and train their workers to shut down unsafe operations.

SLB gets out to the Deepwater Horizon to run the CBL, and they find the well still kicking heavily, which it should not be that late in the operation. SLB orders the "company man" (BP's man on the scene that runs the operation) to dump kill fluid down the well and shut-in the well. The company man refuses. SLB in the very next sentence asks for a helo to take all SLB personel back to shore. The company man says there are no more helo's scheduled for the rest of the week (translation: you're here to do a job, now do it). SLB gets on the horn to shore, calls SLB's corporate HQ, and gets a helo flown out there at SLB's expense and takes all SLB personel to shore.

6 hours later, the platform explodes.

Pick your jaw up off the floor now. No CBL was run after the pressure tests because the contractor high-tailed it out of there. If this story is true, the company man (who survived) should go to jail for 11 counts of negligent homicide.

Last edited:

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    If this is true Him and everyone else involved that knew it was unsafe but kept going should get it.One time about 20 years ago I got pulled over for no breaklights on a company truck.I asked the cop why the ticket was written on me and not the company and his reply was "Your the driver"If the well blew from sub standered work then all the ppl on the well who knew it was bad are guilty.They should have done what the testing company did and refused to do it.Remembe the first part of my post begins with IF THIS IS TRUE.

BSGA

BSGA
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Southwest,Louisiana
    I've been saying ever since this thing happened, "Where's the Co. man/men?" They've been absent since a day or two after this event. They were the onsite representatives, but yet not a peep from 'em. I wonder why????

Last edited:

trevor8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Slidell
    http://www.picassodreams.com/picasso...-accident.html

BP contracted Schlumberger (SLB) to run the Cement Bond Log (CBL) test that was the final test on the plug that was skipped. The people testifying have been very coy about mentioning this, and you'll see why.

SLB is an extremely highly regarded (and incredibly expensive) service company. They place a high standard on safety and train their workers to shut down unsafe operations.

SLB gets out to the Deepwater Horizon to run the CBL, and they find the well still kicking heavily, which it should not be that late in the operation. SLB orders the "company man" (BP's man on the scene that runs the operation) to dump kill fluid down the well and shut-in the well. The company man refuses. SLB in the very next sentence asks for a helo to take all SLB personel back to shore. The company man says there are no more helo's scheduled for the rest of the week (translation: you're here to do a job, now do it). SLB gets on the horn to shore, calls SLB's corporate HQ, and gets a helo flown out there at SLB's expense and takes all SLB personel to shore.

Pick your jaw up off the floor now. No CBL was run after the pressure tests because the contractor high-tailed it out of there. If this story is true, the company man (who survived) should go to jail for 11 counts of negligent homicide.

Your link is broken.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    http://www.picassodreams.com/picass...ow-about-the-deep-water-horizon-accident.html

Your wiki-fu diarrhea is very strong today...

Click:
    HERE

And here is the summary:

The crew departed the rig at about 11:00 a.m. on April 20 on one of BP's regularly scheduled helicopter flights, Schlumberger said. The explosion occurred at about 10:00 p.m. that night, and the rig sank two days later, which led to a massive oil spill off the Gulf Coast.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    The second video around 5:33 the Engineering disaster expert Robert Bea gives his opinion from information given by eyewitness Mike Williams. It backs up the accusation the BP CM wanted to remove the mud. Even worse reports reveal the cement plugs were not tested by Schlumberger. At any rate it gives a good idea what happened from eyewitness accounts and an expert.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLJHTTOSkpg&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skDR0h2EsyU&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxFtnQdKwXk&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I know I saved all three of these to external, like most of Kindras stuff, this might be " hard to find " one day soon

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Just watched all 3......what a cluster errr........

But.......still, this is 60 min....is this a trash of BP to justify the moratorium ?? Which I am in favor of at this time BTW...it's so much yabba yabba yabba....

But for now I'm saying still no more deep water till we know how to stop a blow out, not prevent a effup....those are going to happen, it's about money...not safety

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    But for now I'm saying still no more deep water till we know how to stop a blow out, not prevent a effup....those are going to happen, it's about money...not safety

I'm against a moratorium. This was preventable. Warning signs were ignored (pieces of annular) in the return mud knowing it had been compromised a month earlier. The back up control system (pod) on the BOP had malfunctioned. Not testing the cement plugs (which would have been invalid with a damaged annular). And removing the hydrostatic head pressure (mud) that countered the down hole formation pressure. Removing the mud was the action that set about the cascade effect which lead to this disaster.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I'm against a moratorium. This was preventable. Warning signs were ignored (pieces of annular) in the return mud knowing it had been compromised a month earlier. The back up control system (pod) on the BOP had malfunctioned. Not testing the cement plugs (which would have been invalid with a damaged annular). And removing the hydrostatic head pressure (mud) that countered the down hole formation pressure. Removing the mud was the action that set about the cascade effect which lead to this disaster.

and you don't think that could happen again ??what is the price of total anialation of the GOMEX, that would probably be the price of anothr DWH ??

Either way, this state's southern parish's are in deep doo doo, BP will tank over this, it's way too big....what we see now is the first very small percentage of the cost

The same old mindset, we know what went wrong, it was greed and certainly greed will never happen again

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    and you don't think that could happen again ??what is the price of total anialation of the GOMEX, that would probably be the price of anothr DWH ??

Either way, this state's southern parish's are in deep doo doo, BP will tank over this, it's way too big....what we see now is the first very small percentage of the cost

The same old mindset, we know what went wrong, it was greed and certainly greed will never happen again

I will agree to disagree. Had any one of all of the safety systems been functioning this would not have happened. I agree the same old way of doing business is unacceptable.

Last edited:

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La

So you are an expert in drilling and bop systems now?

Do you know that the bop stack in question has 2 pods? A blue and yellow. Do you also know that if one has issues that the operator can request a waiver to use just one. Do you know that operators have these issues e every day?

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    So you are an expert in drilling and bop systems now?

Do you know that the bop stack in question has 2 pods? A blue and yellow. Do you also know that if one has issues that the operator can request a waiver to use just one. Do you know that operators have these issues e every day?

I have an Associates degree from McNeese State in petrolume technology and we did cover drilling practices. I personally worked on offshore production platforms and have a good bit of knowlege about wells. I have been out of the field since the late 1980's but do understand the concepts. I am truly sorry for the loss of your friends/fellow workers. BTW - I'm not blaming the DWH workers. Only the practices of the BP company man. When you are a contractor the company you are contracted to has the final word.

Charles

Last edited:
    Top Bottom