Is the Glock worth it?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 225todd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I have the chance to buy a police trade in Glock 22 for $475. It comes with the box and two mags. It looked like it wasn't used much more than just qualifying. I don't know a whole lot about Glocks, but I see that you can get them new for about $550. I just don't think that it's worth buying a used gun for a $75 break. But there's still something in my head telling me that I should go ahead and pick it up. So- is it worth it.:confused:

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Barneys in Carencro had them for $349, havent seen them lately though(right before panic). You should be able to find one in great condition for $475...

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    It's not worth it because it is in .40. The guns chambered in 40 don't seem to hold their value as well as the 9mm.

I'd think a good deal would be closer to 425.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It's not worth it because it is in .40. The guns chambered in 40 don't seem to hold their value as well as the 9mm.

I agree, and police trade-in G22s are abundant and (used to be) cheap. IIRC they were in the $350-375 range before panic.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I have the chance to buy a police trade in Glock 22 for $475. It comes with the box and two mags. It looked like it wasn't used much more than just qualifying. I don't know a whole lot about Glocks, but I see that you can get them new for about $550. I just don't think that it's worth buying a used gun for a $75 break. But there's still something in my head telling me that I should go ahead and pick it up. So- is it worth it.:confused:

Then it's all settled. You know what to do. :)

Does it have factory polymer sights, or night sights in good shape? That would add something to the value of it.

One more thing- right now, you probably won't have as much trouble rounding up ammo for it as you would a 9mm, if that makes any difference to you.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!

Interesting. Just sold 2 glock 22's and one glock 23 locally for over 500 each. So much for the 'holding' their value idea eh?

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    If its in good shape and has upgraded sights Id pick it up if you dont own a glock already or if you want to add another .40 to the stable.
    Because every thread deserves a pic here is my G22
    jaqegune.jpg

Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    a glock that shot 200 rounds a day probably wouldn't look like it was used for much more than just qualifying. Not that it would matter. If you like .40, get it. I have a 19, it is the most lack-luster gun I have, certainly not the funnest to shoot. But minus a pocket revolver, it's the only gun I carry.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    a glock that shot 200 rounds a day probably wouldn't look like it was used for much more than just qualifying.

Only if you've never seen one with more than 5k rounds through it... Or don't know where to look to see the wear...

Agreed, they hold their shape better than many competitors out there. But if the gun looks pretty new, it almost certainly is. They're not made of unobtanium...

225todd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I think I'm gonna go ahead and pull the trigger on this one :bowrofl: it has night sights and grip tape on it which I don't really like, (grip tape) but that's easy to fix. I don't own a Glock or a 40 yet so it kills 2 birds with one stone. It would have to be pretty impressive to beat out my CZ 75 as my favorite, but I'll let it try! BTW, 357 what is that on your grip a beaver tail adaptor? Looks pretty cool, I might have to pick one up.

Last edited:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Crimson Trace Laser
    I'm not a laser on every gun guy but I picked it up for under a hundred bucks and my wife likes shooting with it so...

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Interesting. Just sold 2 glock 22's and one glock 23 locally for over 500 each. So much for the 'holding' their value idea eh?

Then you must have found a trio of geniuses. Can't say I blame you, I sell my stuff for as much as I can too, but I wouldn't pay more than 500 for any glock(without a pretty good reason), much less one in 40.

blitztech

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    I paid $400 for my Glock too. I'd be wary of any glock used by leo. I have no idea where mine was before me and it was still fine. My extractor broke one day though. I called Glock and a new one was in my mailbox 2 days later. Best customer service on the planet. On any Glock I would consider $425 a more than fair deal and $475 a little on the pricey side unless it had a very nice upgrade

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I paid $400 for my Glock too. I'd be wary of any glock used by leo. I have no idea where mine was before me and it was still fine. My extractor broke one day though. I called Glock and a new one was in my mailbox 2 days later. Best customer service on the planet. On any Glock I would consider $425 a more than fair deal and $475 a little on the pricey side unless it had a very nice upgrade

Why would you be wary of an LEO gun? You know it's clean, not stolen, probably used less than Your guns, and cheaper than market price.

blitztech

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    Why would you be wary of an LEO gun? You know it's clean, not stolen, probably used less than Your guns, and cheaper than market price.

I naturally assume the typical leo fires his weapon more than your average Glock owner. I expect many more rounds. Whether that's true or not, that's just my opinion. Who knows.

Top Bottom