Is the Slidell Gun Show worth $10 entry fee?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    It was only 8 and if you are going to buy a specific item yes. If you are going to just walk around it was packed and honestly too many people so I would say not worth the money just to look

blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    I wanted to bring the boy and look around. Maybe buy some ammo. I am sure its overpriced. Or a stripped lower. Except my wallet will be the only thing stripped.

bakerman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    St Tammany
    I would say yes, if you are looking to buy.... saw a few good deals on dealers tables considering, saw some pretty inflated prices also

yeah it was packed, not to much interesting stuff walking around though. I wasn't there but a couple of hours though. Most of the good deals are in the hands of people walking in but it was to packed to really pay attention

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    This was the first gun show I've been to in over 5 years and I was extremely disappointed. There was only ONE ammo booth (so many people piled around it, you couldn't even see the tables), an over-proportionally high number of knife vendors (especially when you consider that the biggest draw for these shows is "firearms"), and an utter lack and diversity of firearm accessories (unless of course, you were trying to outfit your newly purchased, way-over-priced AR-15). :thumbsdown:

Fortunately, admission was only $8 and the parking was free...

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    I wanted to bring the boy and look around. Maybe buy some ammo. I am sure its overpriced. Or a stripped lower. Except my wallet will be the only thing stripped.

All the stripped lowers I saw were 300.00 and a few complet lowers I saw were 450.00 - 750.00

ddeacon1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    There was no line to get in but inside felt like Bourbon Street at the height of Mardi Gras. Seriously, it seemed that many of the vendors that are normally there were not today and I personally did not see anything resembling a good price.

mudgrip92

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    destrehan la
    It sounds better then when we went to the Gonzals one and the kenner one the line to get in was unreal , and the prices where no better than what most people had on Louisiana sportsman

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

todbnla

Spendasauris
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Picayune, MS
    Too crowded, IMHO. Saw lil kids in middle isle getting bumped into because adults could not see them, too much hi priced stuff if you ask me, the time I knew it was time to go was when I saw 1k rds of 5.56 ammo for $1k, yep you read that correctly.
    The Red Jacket couple was there and I have to be honest, their booth or table was not what I expected from our local celebs, kind of a let down.

Nate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Hammond, LA
    They are doing their best. Ammo was available if you were willing to pay the high prices. Plenty of ARs and one guy was there all day trying to selll his for $1,800. I did see a few reasonable deals and was half tempted to buy.

The thing I really went there to do was distribute RKBA postcards to be mailed in to the US Legislature and I had no trouble giving them away. One guy paid me $5.00 to help with my expenses (I had already spent $62.00 getting them printed).

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    This was the first gun show I've been to in over 5 years and I was extremely disappointed. There was only ONE ammo booth (so many people piled around it, you couldn't even see the tables), an over-proportionally high number of knife vendors (especially when you consider that the biggest draw for these shows is "firearms"), and an utter lack and diversity of firearm accessories (unless of course, you were trying to outfit your newly purchased, way-over-priced AR-15). :thumbsdown:

Any interesting knives?
    :eh:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    They are doing their best. Ammo was available if you were willing to pay the high prices. Plenty of ARs and one guy was there all day trying to selll his for $1,800. I did see a few reasonable deals and was half tempted to buy.

The thing I really went there to do was distribute RKBA postcards to be mailed in to the US Legislature and I had no trouble giving them away. One guy paid me $5.00 to help with my expenses (I had already spent $62.00 getting them printed).

Nobody else contributed?

Sks985

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Slidell
    I picked this vz61 for $550 and my brother got a Dan Wesson .357 for $400

CE2A6B4A-1AAC-4262-B802-109BEB7AEE44-175-0000001A49041553.jpg

Top Bottom