Is there one gun you wish you could have back?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J

jayd

A Clackmas Kimber 1st generation 1911
    unbelieveable accuracy.... and I sold it like an idiot:wtc:

dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Northshore (north of Covington)
    My 1st handgun I bought when I turned 21. A 3" Springfield xd9. I sold it to a friend and he likes it to much and wont sell it back. This is the only gun that I sold. Minus the junk sig mosquito that I returned 1 week after I bought it.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    The only gun I've sold was my original duty gun, a Sig P220R, but it was just to my fiance' so technically it will be half mine. We were just dating at the time and I needed the $$ to buy my G17 when we quit carrying .45

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    First gun I ever owned was an old chinese SKS in a folding stock. I wish I hadn't sold it. I'd've definitely changed the stock once I wised up but it was a fun gun. Plus, the prices have gone up on them a bit since then.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I wish I still had my Glock 20, but I sold it while in college.

I wish I had purchased that transferable M16 for $3,000 in 1996 from a good friend of mine. It was a NIB Colt M16 A1 and I am still kicking myself in the butt for not getting it. I even went so far as to have the sheriff sign off on my form, then thought to myself "what am I ever going to do with this?".... Hell, I was only 23 at the time and since when does a 23 year old have that type of mentality?

mrwiggins

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2006
    East of Hammond
    i've bought and sold alot of guns

i had to. to make my collection grow. my biggest regret is i traded a 1911 bollaster mollina (a south american 1911) for a nice smith and wesson model 29. i ended up selling the 29 (i wanted a stainless gun, i'm not a fan of blued guns) so i sold it. i still miss it.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    The 2 I would like back are a old Ruger Mini-14 folder and a sweet Belgian, Browning Hi-Power made in 1970 that I sold to my best friend. The sob won't sell it back. :mad: :D

ART

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I've only sold two guns...a pistol grip short barrel Mossberg 12G that I hated and don't regret selling, and my Chinese SKS that was in great shape and all original. I sold the SKS when I bought my AK recently, since I figured I'd never shoot it again. I was probably right, but I still miss it in a weird way, and I know I'll never find another one for the same price. :hs:

But shooting the AK sure does take the edge off the pain... :D

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I kinda regret selling my first pistol, nothing special, just a S&W 915 pre-ban. Only reason I miss it was that it wasn't expensive and it was full sized, I currently don't own any full sized pistols.

however I'm making up for it lately with long gun purchases and I'll be back in pistol purchase mode hopefully by this time next year.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Ruger Mini 14 Ranch .223 sold it when I moved out on my own. Then they passed the AWB shortly there after. That was the only firearm I ever sold, and swore I would never do it again.

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    The only gun I miss after selling it is a Ruger .44mag Super Blackhawk. Sold it so I could buy my then fiance a pair of diamond earrings. Guess the trade-off was worth it, been married now going on 21 years. But I still miss that gun.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    My first gun . A single shot H&R .410 Sold it to a guy for his grandson to hunt with . I was a teenager at the time , and nothing was sentimental to me . Now I have a grandson of my own and I would have liked to pass it down .

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I bought a Browning A-Bolt .270 when I was about 14 yrs old. It took me almost 2yrs to get it off of layaway. I paid for every cent of it. I pawned it off when I was about 20 b/c I needed money. I have regretted it ever since.

Top Bottom