Is this a deal or stay away on nola.com?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    http://nola.adpay.com/clicknbuy.aspx?p=1095&adid=NOO13513123

I saw this ad on nola.com and was wondering what you guys think? I don't think I'm brave enough or desperate enough to take the plunge. Basically, what we have here is a Rossi 38 special for $100. It has a "custom" grip that is either duct tape or electrical tape. Now, since it is in New Orleans, I fear this may be a gun involved in a crime or stolen. Anyway to verify? If any of you guys would risk it, I think it is a great deal if it is "clean". If anyone picks it up, post about what you got.

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Looks like a great deal to me. I know there are lots of criminals with room temperature IQs, but are any really dumb enough to post a hot gun for sale online? Seems like they'd sell to one of their bros on the street first.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    For every person who will want to take the time to run the numbers, there are many more who aren't that concerned. I'm sure he'll have it sold easily without questions. Cant blame you for wanting to cover your ass, but I'm sure it'll sell if not sold already.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    That gun looks "hot." It is a low quality brand in any case. Spend more money and get a Ruger or Smith. Do yourself a favor and don't buy junk.

Slapp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    Jacksonville, FL
    Could be hot but might not. If he sends serial number move forward or move away. I am neither a fan of or against Rossi but I would think you could find one close to home for next to nothing for about the same price, give or take a buck or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom