Is this a legitimate concern?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • autogateman

Access denied
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    maurepas la
    A good friend of mine is considering not going to NRA convention in Houston. He's concerned that in the wake of the recent bombing at the Marathon, this would be a perfect opportunity for a wacko to try to take out a very large amount of people (gun advocates at that). I myself choose not to let the fear of terrorists and such dictate how I live my life, and that if God says its my time to go, it's gonna happen whether I'm on my couch or at a convention. So what do you guys think? I would be riding with him so if he doesn't go I don't either.

Thanks
    The Gate Man

autogateman

Access denied
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    maurepas la
    No amount of guns in one building could prevent someone planting a bomb. Actually, a shooting spree prolly couldn't be prevented either, since no guns are allowed to be brought in even with a Ccw permit.

hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    No amount of guns in one building could prevent someone planting a bomb. Actually, a shooting spree prolly couldn't be prevented either, since no guns are allowed to be brought in even with a Ccw permit.
    The City of Houston owns the convention center and cannot legally post a 30.06 sign. Carry away, it's totally legal. Visit texaschlforum.com if you need more details.

autogateman

Access denied
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    maurepas la
    The City of Houston owns the convention center and cannot legally post a 30.06 sign. Carry away, it's totally legal. Visit texaschlforum.com if you need more details.

Whoops yes you're right. I didn't realize I read that about a previous years convention at a place that didn't allow it.

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    Living in fear lets then win

This +1.

There's only 2 things that humans must do: Die & Live Until You Die

Besides, it doesn't matter how much you've planned for, cared for, or protected yourself; when it's your time to meet your Maker, you're gonna go...

As someone who was almost killed in a hunting accident, I made my peace and prepared for what I thought was coming. When I woke up 2 days after my surgery, I realized I had been given another chance and that was the 1st day of the rest of my life. I have no intention of wasting the gift that I was given.

Last edited:

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    Honestly, I think the NRA convention would be a bit safer than most places.

My worries are stadiums at large sporting events. God forbid - any decent size Div. I school can have 90,000+ packed like sardines, would be televised, etc.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Even if it were illegal I'd bet a lot of the attendees would take the concealed means concealed attitude. Someone trying to shoot up the NRA convention would have to be picked up by the coroner with an eye dropper...

a bombing there would be horrible. I could see a bill ayers wanna be doing a pressure cooker bomb now...

Top Bottom