Is this considered concealed?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    40eb3040.jpg

Shirt doesn't cover it and would be tucked behind if it did. I do not carry like this unless I HAVE to. I have only had to do it a couple of times when I drop my car off for work.

What do you think?

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Looks like the gun is in plain view to me so I would have to guess no it's not concealed. However it looks like that would be VERY easy for someone to snatch from your pocket. It also looks like it could fall out easily. Why not just wear it in a standard belt holster?

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    NO, but as mentioned B4 it doesnt provide much retention on the weapon unless you are wearing some ultra skinny jeans, at the same time it can very easily become concealed if you dont watch where your shirt/jacket is at .......

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    I would say no, but I am just a gun-loving citizen that's not a cop. With that being said, a good holster whether it be plastic or a belt holster would be worlds better. It would reduce the risk of a shirt covering it up mistakenly and help a lot with retention. Just remember also, that if you were ever stopped by a policeman, your attitude can mean the difference between being let go on the spot or being wrongfully arrested and dealing with the headaches to follow with lawyers and court.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Keep in mind, retention isn't always about someone snatching the gun away. I was once walking my dog and got tripped up in his leash. I took a pretty nasty fall and got back up to discover my gun was no longer in it's holster. I found it laying in the grass several yards away. It's only happened to me that one time but it's kept me aware that you can easily lose your gun in many different circumstances. If Milt Sparks made a VMII holster with a thumb break I would probably use it.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Sorry I should have explained better, this is just the pocket holster I keep it in while in my truck. I admit I didn't think about it being easy to grab but I wasn't worried about retention as this would just be a temporary placement. I guess I could just keep an inexpensive nylon holster in the truck for these types of occasions.

I should REALLY just get my CHP already but with all this talk about the ****-poor training currently available in the New Orleans area I have been putting it off.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Not concealed. Not safe either. Why? As stated, no retention, possibly could come off your body on its own, and the holster might come with the gun if you have to draw it.

NRA Iota

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    The Suburbs of Iota
    Its not concealed as it looks in the pic....but you are very close! One slip, and you could be concealing. I would recommend a good belt holster for open carry, or just get your CCW permit. Just realize that when you open carry, as I tell my students, your demeanor and attitude towards others goes along way.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    No. It took me a few seconds- but I could eventually tell it was a gun.

(Seriously, what the other fellas said.)

Frogman

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    I would say that it is not concealed. If you have a Concealed Carry Permit, they should have mentioned not to let a gun inadvertently show, say in a grocery line, because it could cause someone that sees it to get alarmed. I always try to have a shirt or coat on that covers the gun. The last thing I want is for someone to know that I have a gun. That increases your vulnerability and freaks out Democrats!

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    You're 22; get a CHL. Then it won't matter if its concealed or not. However, the safety of retention is another argument.

Best of luck...

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    Sorry I should have explained better, this is just the pocket holster I keep it in while in my truck. I admit I didn't think about it being easy to grab but I wasn't worried about retention as this would just be a temporary placement. I guess I could just keep an inexpensive nylon holster in the truck for these types of occasions.

I should REALLY just get my CHP already but with all this talk about the ****-poor training currently available in the New Orleans area I have been putting it off.

Take a saturday and go take one of Gordon's classes at Bass Pro Shop. http://gordonhutchinson.com/gordonhutchinson/Home.html You won't regret it.

They notarize your paperwork for you there free of charge. When I took it, class was $90, don't think that's changed.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge

Assuming your truck can make a round trip of 150 miles, there are plenty of choices available to you for a class.

People regularly drive a lot farther than that to attend my classes. Of course that might be attributable to poor judgment coupled with limited intelligence. I guess I'll just assume it's due to my good looks.:rolleyes:

Oh ....... that's not concealed.

Last edited:

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Not concealed. Not safe either. Why? As stated, no retention, possibly could come off your body on its own, and the holster might come with the gun if you have to draw it.
    The holster stays well in the pocket I will give it that. And I only left it my pocket while sitting in the waiting room.
    I would say no! The dirt on the grout between your tiles is very noticeable!
    :dogkeke: I'll have to inform the nice guys a RD audio to get to cleaning!
    Take a saturday and go take one of Gordon's classes at Bass Pro Shop. http://gordonhutchinson.com/gordonhutchinson/Home.html You won't regret it.

They notarize your paperwork for you there free of charge. When I took it, class was $90, don't think that's changed.
    I forgot that Gordon did classes. I have met him a couple of times and I do believe he is the authority on these types of things. I will shoot him an email and see when I can get in his class

Now I just want to say again I do not carry like this. I only had the gun like that while sitting in the waiting room at RD. That is the first time I carried it this way. I will be taking my CHL class after Mardi Gras

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom