Is this silly...or is it just me..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockmanG35

Explicit Lyrics
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    St. James Parish
    I dont know whats going on with my Glocks, over the past few weeks I have been trying figure out why I have been shooting my G35's (40cal) way better than my G34's (9mm). I start shooting from 5 yards and its tight, 10 yards is about the same results, ONCE I get to 15 yards and out my 9mm's are all over the place, BOTH of them while my 40's are providing better and more accurate results.

I have been thru the mill with Glock 9mm's I have owned every one, litterally. I do agree that the 34 for me shoots the best but I cannot get the results I am getting with my 40's. IS IT ME?? I have had different 9mm (Sigs, Baretta, etc) and I just cant seem to get a good feel for it.

I guess my question is should I have a someone look at my 9mm's or do I need to adjust the way I am shooting them. I know this post may seem silly but I just spent really good money on the 34's and I cant get the precision and accuracy I am getting from my 40's, ANY suggestions are helpful as always.....I think Im loosing my mind here..

Brad

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I dont know whats going on with my Glocks, over the past few weeks I have been trying figure out why I have been shooting my G35's (40cal) way better than my G34's (9mm). I start shooting from 5 yards and its tight, 10 yards is about the same results, ONCE I get to 15 yards and out my 9mm's are all over the place, BOTH of them while my 40's are providing better and more accurate results.

I have been thru the mill with Glock 9mm's I have owned every one, litterally. I do agree that the 34 for me shoots the best but I cannot get the results I am getting with my 40's. IS IT ME?? I have had different 9mm (Sigs, Baretta, etc) and I just cant seem to get a good feel for it.

I guess my question is should I have a someone look at my 9mm's or do I need to adjust the way I am shooting them. I know this post may seem silly but I just spent really good money on the 34's and I cant get the precision and accuracy I am getting from my 40's, ANY suggestions are helpful as always.....I think Im loosing my mind here..

Brad

Let another Good Glock shooter shoot your guns. Bench rest? Better or different ammo. Change your title to Glockman34? Good luck figuring it out.

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    You may be just a little fast on your second and follow up shots. In other words your sights aren't quite settling before you break the shot. This pistols have distinctly different muzzle flip characteristics. Just my two cents, it might help, also don't chase your hits.

automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    My Dad had a similar problem with his G19.He was all over the target...He asked me to shoot it...No problem here. Although I didnt shoot it quite as good as my G17. With the G19 I could easily shoot inside his groups ay 7, 10, 15yds.

He tried my buddies beratta....better
    He shot a friends SR9.............better
    He is deadly with his GP100!

I think it was his grip...I figured his grip along with the DA pull was throwin him off....??
    I have good size hands...I think that is y I shot my G17 a little better than his G19. I grip the full-size better.

Odd thing for you is the Glock 40 and 9 have the same grip size, I believe....:confused:

Last edited:

automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    Smith....when you say, "...don't chase your hits..", Do you mean stay focused on the bull/target and don't focus are your previous hits if they were off?

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Smith....when you say, "...don't chase your hits..", Do you mean stay focused on the bull/target and don't focus are your previous hits if they were off?

Yes, pick a spot on the target and aim for that spot. Don't pay attention to where the shots are landing til you finish your string.
    Do the triggers feel different? You can switch trigger components and see if that helps too. A clean trigger can make a world of difference.

glockmanG35

Explicit Lyrics
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    St. James Parish
    I shot my friends 34 today and what a difference, Im going to change out the triggers on them, I have taken all of your suggestions to heart (and to the range).. I pretty much got a few people to shoot them and they all complained about the triggers so they gotta go..Thanks for the help!!

Brad

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I shot my friends 34 today and what a difference, Im going to change out the triggers on them, I have taken all of your suggestions to heart (and to the range).. I pretty much got a few people to shoot them and they all complained about the triggers so they gotta go..Thanks for the help!!

Brad

I have some nice Glock triggers. PM sent.

Top Bottom