is your record that clean

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajun70586

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    ville platte la.
    you may not want to answer. for the ones with a ccw permit, was there any thing on your police record that you were concernded about and you still received you permit and would you mind telling us what it might be. this is a censer question. for those that like to bash others and post smart ass remarks this post is not for you, grow up. im new to this fourm and i see alot of childish remarks on here. not a good impression. thanks

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I do not have an answer for your question but it would help you and BS members if you listed a location in your profile.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I personally had a very clean record when I applied, I made good decisions based out of listening to folks around me who seemed to have their **** together instead of listening to the guys who didnt.

No shame in my game. Or life..

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    We've all made mistakes. Some much worse than others.

I've worked hard to keep my record clean. I hope it remains that way.

Abstract questions like the one you've asked are hard to answer. I'm sure there is a particular incident on your record that you're concerned about.

It would be much more beneficial for you, to get the answer you're looking for, to just say "Hey, I have X on my record, do you guys think there will be a problem?"

cajun70586

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    ville platte la.
    leadfoot, i did post my concern and spilled it for all to see yesterday, look at my other post, yes i made a mistake, im not bad ,just not perfect. i was looking on the net at stories that other people were turned down for and it looks like they can deni you for any thing.

Golden-Eagle

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Mandeville
    I don't think many will post the information you are looking for on a Forum. Perhaps they will PM you the answers you seek. Welcome aboard and Merry Christmas!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    LSP, I think he was looking for something like ' I got arrested for being an ax murderer a few years ago but they gave me a permit anyway'.

Since they don't check for traffic violations I was OK!

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Could you explain your question a little more clearly. As I am understanding this was on a "censer" question. Did you mean a census question. Are you renewing your CCP? Could you please post a link to the thread you are referencing? Just trying to get a clearer picture of your situation.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    No, I've never had anything on my record to worry about. The first time I applied for a CHP I had recently gotten my Honorable Discharge from the Army and it was about the time I was doing my POST qualification for my auxillary stit with the Marshals in Hammond. Pretty sure I was good to go before I ever requested my packet.

cajun70586

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    ville platte la.
    more clearly, just wanted to know if someone had something other than a trafic violation on then and they still received a ccw permit. not trying to hide anything, see other post by me. i was looking on the net and it looks like something as small as missing a child support payment you get denied and no i dont pay child suppoert just an example. i'm not trying to disrespect anyone ether, some times my us of the english language is not that clear are that good, im pure cajun, if i offend any one with it im sorry that was not my intent. seems like all are not welcome here.

LSP972, you make it sound like this is a private bourd, that may not have been you intent but if others feel as you do i can look elswere. and merry cristmass to all the members.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Dude, you're fine here. It's not a private board. Hang out and you'll see how things go around here.

Can't say I had any apprehensions when I applied. I guess I've lived a good bit more boring lately. :P

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    more clearly, just wanted to know if someone had something other than a trafic violation on then and they still received a ccw permit. not trying to hide anything, see other post by me. i was looking on the net and it looks like something as small as missing a child support payment you get denied and no i dont pay child suppoert just an example. i'm not trying to disrespect anyone ether, some times my us of the english language is not that clear are that good, im pure cajun, if i offend any one with it im sorry that was not my intent. seems like all are not welcome here.

LSP972, you make it sound like this is a private bourd, that may not have been you intent but if others feel as you do i can look elswere. and merry cristmass to all the members.

You are welcome here as long as you're a straight shooter. Some people here take things too seriously and no one here likes a troll. But you have to have thick skin at times. There are plenty of people that know the law well here so just say what you're arrest was (if it is a arrest) and I'm sure someone can give you a definitive answer. Just be more to the point so to speak

cajun70586

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    ville platte la.
    never been arrested, never put in the back of a cop car, never had finger prints taken by the law other than to get my twic card to work off shore and thats just a thumb print, did get a ticket for indecent exsposer, not arrested, went to court and paid a fine. the way it reads on the lsp wed site, if it has anything to do with violence you get denied, there was nothing vilant in what i did and that was allmost 10yrs ago. just dont want waist my money to apply.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010

Please don't say, "I'm pure Cajun" and use that kind of grammar and spelling; its really insulting. Thanks.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Why not call the Concealed Permit office directly? They answered the phone a few years ago when I called about my expiration date. I'm sure someone would speak to you about your individual situation. They should at least be able to give you a general idea of what to expect.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    The worst on my record is that I seem to get a speeding ticket about once every 4 years. My oldest brother has an arrest (dismissed) that still gets him delayed every time he buys a gun. Would be interesting to see how it would play out in the CHP process. He was arrested on 3 counts of assaulting a police officer. It was really a personal matter between him and an off duty deputy (my brother came home early one night) and the shift supervisor immediately shamed the deputies into reducing it to one charge of simple assault. Before his court date, the deputy was arrested on multiple charges of felony theft and my brother's assault charge was dismissed.

fr3nchy524

resident asian shooter!
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    new orleans
    i'd check with the place where you are applying and taking the CCW class. my friend was arrested after the hurricane for an unpaid ticket that was supposed to be taken care of. that delayed him from getting his CC permit for a few months. but he ended up getting it after he sent the necessary paper work explaining the situation. and that everything was taken care of.

Top Bottom