Issue at Applebee's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swampjockey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Cut Off, LA
    A few weeks ago we went to Applebee's in Baton Rouge. While we were waiting for our food, I decided to make use of their free wifi. When I tried to view a email link for PSA a screen would pop up stating it was against the policies of Applebee's or some gibberish to that effect. i think they're getting carried away with their anti gun stance when one can't even view a email link if it pertains to firearms. Were they afraid I would order a blemished receiver or ar bolt while I was in their restaurant. Truly unbelievable. To each their own. but, as for me and mine, we will never spend again at Applebee's in Baton Rouge or any other Crapplebee's for that matter.

Slim

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie
    Not trying to defend them, but it is probably just a dns filter. Just blocking sites with certain keywords. I would not get all twisted over it. Just a general filter to protect their network.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I agree with general mills. The past three times I have been there, the food has been sub-par quality and just not that good. If you are going to eat out and unhealthy, it might as well taste good.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    aside from the sickness from poor preparation, the filter was likely a third party... You can subscribe to filters, and depending on how a page is reported or rated.. it can be listed, or delisted..

try one of the anonymizers if you find that again.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    aside from the sickness from poor preparation, the filter was likely a third party... You can subscribe to filters, and depending on how a page is reported or rated.. it can be listed, or delisted..

try one of the anonymizers if you find that again.

Or just don't eat at Applebees. Oh, and more advice: Don't use public WiFi.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    meh, if you vpn, public wifi is fine.. or use a secure only connection.. I know enough to not get anything.. at least never thus far.. most of my access is all vpn into routers and switches using putty and ssh..

Slim

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie
    meh, if you vpn, public wifi is fine.. or use a secure only connection.. I know enough to not get anything.. at least never thus far.. most of my access is all vpn into routers and switches using putty and ssh..

Most people don't have access to a VPN. Although TOR could solve that problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Slim

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie
    I have not been back in quite some time. Their food quality seemed to drastically drop. Besides that, they removed chicken fried chicken and mashed potatoes from the menu...

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Must agree with the general consensus on this one. STAY AWAY from Applebee's. My brother got food poisioning from them in 1998 and I didn't eat there until about a year ago and guess what I got......... Yep, food poisioning.

Top Bottom