Issues with the Glock lifestyle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Ok... so I just bought my G17 and I'm having some difficulties. I imagine they will go away after some more practice, but it's got me worried so far.

First off, how do you maintain any kind of accuracy when you have it turned sideways? I've watched a lot of BET, and they don't seem to tilt their heads to aim or anything. Also, I imagine that would cause your neck to hurt during any long competition or range day.

Second, do I HAVE to listen to rap while I use it? My head has been pounding all day from this crap. It's bad enough these stupid fake gold chains are weighing me down the entire time. Honestly, with so many glock users in law enforcement I'm surprised they don't have some tactical bling-- maybe something lightweight or that distributes its weight more evenly. Don't even get me started on how much those spinning rims for my truck are going to cost.

That's all I have energy for right now. Any recommendations from you guys would really help out. Thanks.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    These are valid concerns, and to be honest you are over reacting about most of it. Your first problem, isn't really a problem. Shooting sideways is the only way you can operate a glock, and is exactly why they came out with the Glock 18 33 round mags, with that much ammunition who the hell needs to be accurate?

The gold chains are heavy at first, but you will get used to it I promise. I see you didn't mention the pants falling off thing, which is good because only the guys with small peckers seem to have that problem. You don't have to listen to rap but its recommended. Makes the horrible grip much more pleasing. And if someone is being capped you absolutely HAVE to play drive by music.

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    Here is the answer!!
    vqbeqgxoprv03htzj3is.jpg

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Wonder how many people on here have actually tried shooting their Glock's sideways at the range....

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Some people can handle the Glock lifestyle some can't. Sounds like you can't. Fortunately for you I can and will give you $100 for it.

Josh you should probably take him up on this. $100 is a lot of cash ($25 more than if you bring it to the NOLA police buy program), and Charles is one of the coolest glock guys I know. Not sure if you you've met him, but he's a picture of us from a few weeks ago. He's on the left and I'm on the right.

ghetto-low-pants-black-guys-thug.jpg

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Josh you should probably take him up on this. $100 is a lot of cash ($25 more than if you bring it to the NOLA police buy program), and Charles is one of the coolest glock guys I know. Not sure if you you've met him, but he's a picture of us from a few weeks ago. He's on the left and I'm on the right.

ghetto-low-pants-black-guys-thug.jpg

Wow. How long have you guys had glocks? You two are owning that ****.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    He taught me everything I know. And the key of shooting glocks is NEVER look at the gun, only your target. Totally forget the gun is in your hand, just look at the target and fire as fast as you can where ever you can.

sideways_gun300.jpg

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    He taught me everything I know. And the key of shooting glocks is NEVER look at the gun, only your target. Totally forget the gun is in your hand, just look at the target and fire as fast as you can where ever you can.

sideways_gun300.jpg

:chuckles: Funny Stuff. I'm just glad you din't say that was me on the far left.

Top Bottom