Italian Pork in Red Gravy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    From earlier this morning around 7:30am.

Alright so today I woke up at about 4:00a.m. and finally got out of bed at 4:45 a.m. Had a cup of coffee and went to 6:30 mass and now I'm getting ready to start chopping onions and other seasonings for a big pot of red gravy for what I call a Pork Daube. Yesterday I seasoned two nice pork butts with an Italian dry rub I made and put them on the Traeger to roast. About 4 hours later the 17 pounds of pork were looking and smelling fantastic. I'm going to throw together an Italian BBQ sauce for some Italian pulled pork sandwiches one night and the rest will go into the red gravy.

The pork butts seasoned and ready for the grill

DSC03227.jpg

DSC03229.jpg

On the grill smelling fantastic and done!

DSC03233.jpg

Cooling down a bit to pull

DSC03234.jpg

More to come later as the red gravy progresses.

Gravy is looking and smelling fantastic!!!

http://eatinlouisiana.com/thread/1045/chall-cookin-eatin-2-2014?page=1&scrollTo=3762]

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Interested in seeing and learning about the red gravy.

When I get down to the end of a batch I always do a BBQ pizza, I'm sure that would fit quite nicely.

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I had some Italian sausage that I decided to cut up, brown and add to the gravy.

DSC03236.jpg

I wanted to make a sort of big batch of red gravy so I used my big oval LeCreuset roaster(about 13 quarts or more).

DSC03238.jpg

A closer look at the delicious goodness in this pot

DSC03240.jpg

After about 6 hours of simmering

DSC03241.jpg

After another two hours I added the pork and let it simmer. We had to leave to go to my son-in-laws birthday and I forgot to get a picture. I let it cool until getting back home and stuck the whole roaster in the fridge til tomorrow. I might let it simmer a couple of more hours. We more than likely will not eat this until Sunday as we're going out for dinner tomorrow evening with good friends. I will tell you this. I took a couple of slices of bread and did a lil sopping test. Tastes great!!!​

Top Bottom