Italian resturants in baton rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Gino's on Bennington is probably the best Italian in BR. I haven't personally eaten there in quite a while, but used to go frequently. I hear it is still good.

I am not a fan of Monjuni's-has not been very good in my opinion, but some people seem to really like it.

There are a couple of Italian deli's that are good for muffs and such--not a great restaurant atmosphere, but authentic italian. Anthony's on Florida Blvd, and Pocarella's on Coursey.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Pinetta's is good. It is a little hole-in the wall place but very authentic European. Only downside is that portions are relatively small (compared to what most American restaurants serve). Their veal scallopini has a very unique and delicious red sauce.

However, their best thing is the German dish, Schnitzel Holstein. It is a breaded veal cutlet with a fried egg and two anchovies on top, with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. Mix it all together and have a Warstiner Dunkel with it.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    if you ever come to new orleans, try vincent's. its on st charles almost to carrollton. I ate there a while back and it was hands down the best Italian I have ever had.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Deguilio brothers is one of the little known ones with exceptional food and atmosphere.

http://www.digiulios.com/

I forgot about degiulios--haven't been there in years. But they should be on your top two choices.

Funny how places you used to go to often, just over time patterns change.

DeAngelos on Jefferson who so near my house that we always go there for Italian. It's okay, but I wouldn't recommend it as great for someone from out of town.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    Ruffino's all the way. This is my fiancee' and I's favorite restaurant by far. Excellent service and great atmosphere!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom