It's bring your AR15 to the mall day

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    He said he carries weapons with him in order to protect children and others from "criminals, cartels, drug lords" and other "evil men."

Yet it was unloaded. Another fantastic representative out there doing us all a favor. Or not.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Some stupid comments. If I hear, "I believe in gun rights, but he's not hunting with that" one more time, my head is going to explode.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    He said he brought the guns to J.C. Penney to show that firearms are not dangerous in the hands of law-abiding citizens.

"I felt no negative vibes from anyone," Kelley told the Tribune. "I think it went rather surprisingly well."

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    but he was carrying a loaded Glock 19

Then what was the rifle for?

And carrying a rifle like that is epically stupid. Not only are you completely sacrificing retention and control of your weapon, you're also sweeping the muzzle in unsafe directions. Just look at it pointed at the guy next to him.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Some stupid comments. If I hear, "I believe in gun rights, but he's not hunting with that" one more time, my head is going to explode.

Yeah, me too. As a matter of fact, I hunted with mine last night, but regardless, just because "im not hunting with it" doesn't give you the the damn right to tell me I can't or shouldn't have it.

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    Come on where are all the guys that were taking up for Alex and James, surely this guy deserves the same.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    He'd been better off handing out flyers to shoppers that encourage them to write their Senators and Representatives...

Just b/c he didn't get a "reaction" doesn't mean that it was well received and didn't put some people off...

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's legal. Rather than bitch the public should try to get the law changed. I for one prefer to be concealed and not attract attention, but have to respect those who excercise their rights and freedoms.

I always find it interesting that people who have no idea that its legal just stand in line near the guy and snap pictures.

Of course I've been in uniform in a bank parking lot with my gun drawn and have people try to ask me if the bank is open.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Of course I've been in uniform in a bank parking lot with my gun drawn and have people try to ask me if the bank is open.

That hasn't changed in years.

About 30 years ago I rolled up on a mass shooting at Cortana Mall in a place called Larry K's. I got there at about the same time as the first BRPD units. Bullets were still flying, squad car lights were flashing everywhere, EMS was trying desperately to get to victims, and all people saw was the TV camera and began jumping up and down in the line of fire saying, "Hey, Channel 9! Put me on TV!"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom