ive got a truck but need a car, how to go about swapping them?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    ive got an 07 f150 4.5l i dont use any more. its kbb is $7,500(dealer) and $8,900(person to person).

i need a small car with good gas mileage.

i dont have cash, and cant afford payments for a new car, im hoping to trade straight across.

does anybody know of any dealerships that would do this?

or advertise on craigslist?

sell for cash, then buy?

what are your thoughts?

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I usually advertise on Craigslist when looking for a deal. I wouldn't mind posting in other areas too like Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Lake Charles to have more possibilities.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    You will probably do better to sell it person to person and either buy a car person to person (1st choice) or go to a dealer with cash in hand and dicker for the best price (2nd choice). Do research to know what the realistic values are on what you selling and buying. I have done this several times.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I have traded UP with people on CL before. The good thing is, there are people just like you that need a truck. The dealer is in it to make money, you will end up losing some. I would try the private party approach myself. Good luck.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I know someone who made a trade on Craigslist. He had a truck and traded for a Harley. Just know the value of each vehicle being traded. Or just sell it and then buy your car. You may en up with extra cash left over for a new gun or something. Small cars can be had pretty cheap.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    You will probably do better to sell it person to person and either buy a car person to person (1st choice) or go to a dealer with cash in hand and dicker for the best price (2nd choice). Do research to know what the realistic values are on what you selling and buying. I have done this several times.

This usually works best, IMO.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    ive got an 07 f150 4.5l i dont use any more. its kbb is $7,500(dealer) and $8,900(person to person).

i need a small car with good gas mileage.

i dont have cash, and cant afford payments for a new car, im hoping to trade straight across.

does anybody know of any dealerships that would do this?

or advertise on craigslist?

sell for cash, then buy?

what are your thoughts?

I had a 149K mile 2001 WS.6 6-speed black/black Trans Am back in 2010, and I wanted an econobeater. I just found a slimy little lot and traded it in dead-even for a little econobeater and went on my way.

Top Bottom