Ivy Leaguer plagued by stalker may drop out over school’s anti-gun policy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6. After Virginia Tech I carried all-day every-day at LSU. The consequences of being caught with out the gun far outweighed the consequences of being caught with it.

touche - I've been to multiple universities in multiple states. The farthest my carry ever was from me was in my truck.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I would love to see this nefarious "data" that shows that my gun is far more likely to be used against me or my loved ones. :rolleyes:

I would love to see an analysis of this statistic. Anti-2A people quote it all the time. I'd be suspicious that it's based on a lot of homicide victims owning guns, specifically because they're involved with some nefarious activities. I think it's correlation being confused with causation.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I get tired of that one, too. They use that on the uninformed all the time.:mad:

Of course you are 'far more likely to be killed by your own gun' if you own one than if you DON'T OWN A GUN. Well, "no $hit, Sherlocks."

Same principle works for 'you are far more likely to be killed by your own Honda Rubicon' if you own one, than if you don't. :doh:

Here's another one- that they WON'T use: An assailant is FAR MORE LIKELY to be shot if he chooses a potential victim who happens to be ARMED WITH A GUN.

Last edited:

petergun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    The statment that, " criminals convicted of misdemeanon stalking crimes to leagally buy and possess guns " is NOT TRUE! A conviction of stalking is a disqualfier to buy or be in possition of a fierarm.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6. After Virginia Tech I carried all-day every-day at LSU. The consequences of being caught with out the gun far outweighed the consequences of being caught with it.

Why I, though I don't myself, understand that mentality! And WOULD if necessitated.

This is a good cause to get behind. Good looking, educated, has a real grievance, would easily get sympathy, etc. So I'm sure this thread will die by the end of the day and we can go back to waiting on the next bundy ranch.

Kind of sad that if she were a pig, even less concern would follow.

The problem is she asked PERMISSION to defend herself!

Without a doubt!

She should think about going to school in Utah, or some other State that allows for concealed carry on campus.

Only as a last resort. It is insane to have to "run" away from anything as basic as self preservation.

She needs to serve them with legal notice that since they are EXPLICITLY REFUSING her the ability to defend herself THEY are legally responsible for her safety, and IF she is harmed in ANY WAY... she will sue them for enough to OWN the school, as well as sue the administrators individually...

I agree! I would have a lawyer draft the letter and it would be certified receipt request across the board.

I know people who have carried their entire lives, well as long as I've known them, without "documentation".
    They say one should not have to PAY or ask permission to defend one's self.

This poor young lady is just one of thousands if I had to guess.
    More power to her for even considering the use of a firearm for defense.

She should have already had one.

I like how the article explains Bennet was caught with a slip noose and gloves in his car, then goes on to say the solution is to keep guns out of the hands of misdemeanor stalkers.

This is the most insane thing of all about this story! This shows cause! I doubt very few people who toted these types of objects around were later found to be angels when given the chance.

On a lighter note, this would be a good opportunity for some dude up there to cozy up to this damsel in distress. :boink:

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    Does anyone else read how ridiculous the statistics used by Everytown are? "...nearly nine in 10 attempted murders of women involved at least one incident of stalking..." so roughly 10% of ATTEMPTED murders of women are done be stalkers. but if you read it the way they say it, they are implying that it is 90%. It frustrates me the way these people use statistics to say what they want even when it is the exact opposite of the truth.

Also on a similar rant, as others have pointed out, this guy had everything he needed to do grave bodily harm and God knows what else to this woman, and then they try to say the answer is to keep guns out of bad guys hands. Taking guns away from everybody just to keep them away from guys like this doesn't work. Evil people don't need guns to be evil.

Top Bottom