IWI Tavor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arabseal

Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I am about to purchase a tavor, and im just wondering if their price will drop in the next few months, also is it possible for other companies to make variants of this rifle like the ar15.

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    The price has dropped a lot, they are holding around $1749 now or thats what I can get them for. They do not make much accessories wise. I owned one was a fantastic rifle. It does not like 55gr 5.56 nato it does not like it but slower 55gr 223 like Tula (mine loved tula) groups fantastic. The trigger sucks but there is an easy DIY fix. Not many accessories but it doesn't need accessories. They have side rails and all for the fore end.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    LOVE mine. Have tried 2 different types of brass and two different steel cased. Has had no issue with any. Accuracy is good and the trigger with the DIY fix makes it not bad at all. Drops the pull weight in half almost.

Got mine for $1850. Could have held out for maybe $100 cheaper, but the FDE were very hard to come by when I got mine.
    Good forum for bullpups
    http://bullpupforum.com/

Put an Aimpoint Pro on mine

Last edited:

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    I heard the DIY fix is not good, that spring is to help reset the trigger?

I have a few hundred rounds through mine and no reset issues. If it were to not reset, your finger can easily fit behind the trigger to flip it forward. Its more there to assist with resetting it if there were dirt or other debri preventing it from resetting normally from what I have read.

Last edited:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I don't think the price is going to substantially drop off of the ~$1700 they're going for now. Maybe 1500, 1600 eventually but not likely anytime soon.

Second-hand you might be able to pick one up in a year or so for less.

If you want it new though you should buy it today and enjoy it today.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I saw some videos showing that you can shoot on your left shoulder but I have no real experience. The brass does fly right in front of your face though.

don_mac

Mr. Blonde
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2013
    Gonzales,La
    Just buy the right rifle. if you are right handed than buy a right handed rifle. That's why they make a right and left handed model.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Just buy the right rifle. if you are right handed than buy a right handed rifle. That's why they make a right and left handed model.

Your joking right? You don't ever see the need to train shooting support side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nd09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2014
    Your joking right? You don't ever see the need to train shooting support side?

Not everyone buys guns just to train for combat. Some enjoy just having fun guns to shoot.

Top Bottom