J frame fans................

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    So,out of all the revolver I've onwned and/or still own,my all time favorite are still the S&W J frames. I'm always looking out for j frames and so far I have these two specimens. A 438-0 and a 637-2. I've had to move a few in the past for various reason now I'm ready to start hoarding them again. Let's see what ya'll have and have ome fun. J frame owners..........GO!!

http://upload.bayoushooter.com/viewer.php?file=x4wncklnvfs60u4ozqw9.jpg

http://upload.bayoushooter.com/viewer.php?file=y930qnl1p8rogtvipn6.jpg

Last edited:

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    All S&W frames are excellent IMHO. I have three N frames, sold a fourth, 686 Plus, Seven shot snubbie with a factory magnaport. Loved the gun, but it was limited with the snub nose. Made a great bedside gun though. I have the 57, 657, and 629 still. I'm looking at getting an airweight .357 at some point in the future.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    All S&W frames are excellent IMHO. I have three N frames, sold a fourth, 686 Plus, Seven shot snubbie with a factory magnaport. Loved the gun, but it was limited with the snub nose. Made a great bedside gun though. I have the 57, 657, and 629 still. I'm looking at getting an airweight .357 at some point in the future.

I have a 360-1 one of the first lightweights from S&W, a 4" 686, 2.5" 60-9, and a 7.5" 657.

Shooting magnums in the 360 and 60 is a bear. I carry the latter with+P. Be aware of this before purchasing an airweight .357

The 360 is a terrible design. Inherently inaccurate, apparently.
    :squint:

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    6scwvw1kcdbngre9e.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

93aa9kszrr6f57h8hh7f.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    What makes you say that?

Its no different from any other "new" S&W with the two-piece barrel set-up. I have had a M-360PD since 2002. It has had several thousand rounds through it, almost all target .38 Special ammunition. It has the same inherent accuracy as all my other J frames... that is to say, excellent.

Maybe you got a good one, Steve. :bigok:

I can't get any sort of shot group with it. Every other handgun including the TomCat and the Taurus shoots better groups.

I bought it at Hebert's. That must be it.
    :squint:

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I have a model 36 "lady smith" that I bought from a old lady who just wanted to get rid of it for $100. Great little gun. Came with the nice wood grips and the factory box, though I put some hogue grips on it and it currently resides in my fiancee's car.

It had beautiful bluing on it, but after being carried every day by me for about 2 years it is showing some noticeable wear. I wish I could have kept it mint, but when you want a carry J-Frame and get the chance to buy one for $100, well, sacrifices have to be made.

Top Bottom