J-Frame Grips

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    What do you gents prefer? I recently acquired one with a crimson trace grip, even if it worked (it doesn't) I'd get that cheaply made plastic POS off my gun immediately. Open to suggestions, locally available is a plus since I'm impatient.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    picked up a bantam hogue to tide me over, apparently there is supposed to be a "stock pin" in the bottom of the frame that sure isn't there. They slide on, but instead of "snapping" in place, will slide right back off. The set on my other j-frame is solid as a rock. Guess midway or brownells may have the pin?

I may eventually get wood for the one I conceal, rubber tends to grab on shirt fabric and move it around.

edit: just pulled the hogue off my other gun, damn that is a beefy pin! Can't believe someone let that go MIA, no wonder those crap CT grips were sliding all over the place! The joy's of secondhand guns!

Last edited:

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    picked up a bantam hogue to tide me over, apparently there is supposed to be a "stock pin" in the bottom of the frame that sure isn't there. They slide on, but instead of "snapping" in place, will slide right back off.

If they are the ones I am thinking of, there is a metal clip-thingie and screw, too. I just put a Hogue monogrip on my Taurus 605SS2 and the clip fits over the pin, dangles down and then the screw enters from the bottom of the grip. This was a small-frame model but you may need more than just a pin.

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    DSC03868.jpg
    i have a set of altamont sp? they look similiar to the more expensive grips ahrends quality and finish is great and i only spent about 30 bucks on them on ebay.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom