Jambalaya

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KaCajun Boy

Crazy Kracker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    NOLA
    So some months back I asked on here how did y'all make y'all's jambalaya and I decided to take a lil bit of what I already knew from my dad and some of my uncles and run with it from there. As of now I have about 8 of them under my belt and it's like everyone is getting better and better. (Knock on wood) I never messed one up or had any hard or mushy rice, which to me is about one of the most important parts of the jambalaya. Here are some pics of the last one I cooked the other day. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379990250.469588.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379990263.495546.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379990274.419823.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379990286.573170.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379990299.552938.jpg

KaCajun Boy

Crazy Kracker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    NOLA
    Yea man sorry about that. Ingredients: Tony's, lea and perkins, meat(pork, chicken, sausage), minute maid short grain white rice(I don't like long grain) some shallots and bell pepper, small can of sliced mushrooms(I drain the water), and water(cup and a half of water to one cup of rice) and a pack of bacon or oil will do just fine. I get all my chicken, sausage and pork cut into cubes the size I like and just eyeball to make sure all 3 look like they have even amouts. Then I cook my pound of bacon in my cast iron pot, I just prefer bacon grease instead of cooking oil. Next throw all the meat into the pot and I season my meat, some people don't, and splash some lea and perkins on it and start to brown all the meat and when it tender I scoop out my stock, that the meat cooking made, and place it off to the side so it won't cook off in the pot. Next add your greens and cook that down. After that is cooked down I throw in my water, my stock that I put to the side, my mushrooms, a lil more Tony's and lea and perkins, and bring that to a boil for about a minute and a half, then I add my rice, boil for anoter minute and a half, then cover you pot, cut your fire back to a low flame, and wait 20 minutes. During the 20 minutes DO NOT open the cover and stir because mushy rice is caused by over stiring. Once the 20 minutes is up remove cover and without scrapping the bottom of the pot "flip" your rice to the top of the pot. Using this I have never had hard or mushy rice. Hope this will help you out.

KaCajun Boy

Crazy Kracker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    NOLA
    I see this has a good bit of views just wondering if anyone tried it out since it was posted and if you did how did it come out for you?

KaCajun Boy

Crazy Kracker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    NOLA
    Cool, nomad 2nd let us know how it came out cause both me and my uncle used this recipe this weekend and we had 2 perfect jambalayas come out. He made one for a football game Friday night and used 15# of rice and I made one while we were camping with 5# of rice. I was nervous cause I never made one this big and if you use this recipe to the "T" it will come out great so just wanted to let y'all know this is good for any size. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382395565.099144.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382395576.103510.jpg
    This is the one I cooked in a 10 gallon pot. I used 5# of rice and a total of 9# of meat (3# of all 3).

Top Bottom