James Brady dead at 73

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have not wished much evil onto folks in my lifetime.. He was one I did not care if they lived or died..

I don't really think he was the instigator in the group that bears his name; just the poster child for it. And the way they paraded him out for propaganda was really shameless. Makes my hawking of the Banquet seem like God's work! :p

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I was wondering when Obama would fire up the Teleprompter....

7yda3u8y.jpg

Really? I'm sure there were a few battered women killed while going through his patented "cooling off period", too.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    He didnt put it to bed either.. IMO, he was guilty by association. or name ..
    Its terribly difficult for me to not be emotional about my gun rights.. I am as passionate about saving them as liberals are about most everything else.. lol

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'm not actually familiar with anything he personally did. Was he cognizant enough after getting shot to actually be active in the movement or did the vultures just use his name to push their agenda and wheel him out for photo ops?

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    I was wondering when Obama would fire up the Teleprompter....

7yda3u8y.jpg

Really? I'm sure there were a few battered women killed while going through his patented "cooling off period", too.

He's right..... They're not telling you the numbers... Too embarrassed to admit the truth.

The Key Master

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2013
    Gretna, LA
    You're right numbers too high to recite or qoute. Met a couple of Chicsgo police officers last week. They would say "Just ask the 81 people shot on the fourth of July weekend."

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The truth is that several people are dead because of this law. More than a few people died with the message left on their answering machine that "the gun is ready to be picked up!"

Rest in Hell traitor!

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The Brady foundation, who was the lobby and largest pusher of the law, was founded and run by his wife. It took till 1986 (5 years after the attempted assignation) before James Brady would agree with his wife about the standings of the foundation.
    Brady was a second amendment supporter before this before he was shot in the head with a .22 pistol. The gun control that was spurred in his name has had little affect in stemming violence but has denied the constitutional right to law abiding citizens to defend themselves.
    His family (wife) put out a statement saying that his death was a direct result of his injuries. 33 years after his being injured while walking with President Reagan during an assignation attempt, his life and now death will be politicized. I agree with Emperor on him being a poster boy, and I also agree with themcfarland that he didn't put it down or want to have nothing to do with his wife's ambitions of being in the national spotlight. Rather than stand for his original beliefs he embraced the stance of the Brady foundation and the across the board gun control that it stands for. For that I will have to voice my opinion; guilty as charged. Better off for the gun community where he is now. Now if we could only get the rest of the Gun control crowd to join him we'd be able to relax, and I would be able to get some of my suppressors out of NFA jail.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I always got him and Larry Flynt confused.

It's easy to tell them apart. One is an unseemly man who has exploited innocent men and women for his own gain and ruined the lives of countless families while trying to hide behind the Constitution. The other is...well you know how that joke goes.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    BREAKING: (Not a Joke) James Brady’s Death at Age 73
    Ruled Gun Homicide From 1981 Shooting

NBC News is reporting the following,
    The death of James Brady — President Ronald Reagan’s press secretary
    who was wounded in the attempt on Reagan’s life in March 1981 — was a homicide,
    the District of Columbia medical examiner ruled Friday.

The medical examiner said Brady died as a result of the grevious injuries he suffered 33 years ago,
    which means that gunman John Hinckley Jr. could be charged with Brady’s murder in federal court.

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/break...age-73-ruled-gun-homicide-from-1981-shooting/

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I thought I heard that on the news, then thought again and said nah, couldn't be. I've said often that men of science frequently have political agendas, too. Pathetic.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    BREAKING: (Not a Joke) James Brady’s Death at Age 73
    Ruled Gun Homicide From 1981 Shooting

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/break...age-73-ruled-gun-homicide-from-1981-shooting/

I saw that too. I had to make sure I heard it right. I mean, if you shoot a guy and he dies in the hospital a month later, OK. But there has to be some kind of statute of limitations on that. You can't have a guy wandering around for 33 years afterwards and then rule he died of the gunshot. Or maybe you can, apparently.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    We'll RIP. You know if you want to hang around with someone like the president of the US or some other high profile dignitary I'm thinking you can and should expect certain risks to accompany such activity.

Top Bottom