Japan Nuclear Threat Level Raised

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Just received an update on my iPhone that the threat level from the stricken nuclear power plant in Fukushima has been "provisionally" raised from 5 to 7, which is the most serious (equaling Chernobyl).

Pookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Fortunately, most of my wife's family lives in western Honshu, far from the quake/tsunami/nuke zone. We have two nephews in Tokyo, though, who tell us it's hard to get around because of the blackouts. And one sent us a message about an hour ago that they just had another powerful "aftershock."

Plinky

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Pray for them? WTF? In 45' we didn't want them and now all of a sudden I need to pray for them? I don't drive a honda and don't plan to and i sure as hell don't plan to go there for some sushi. How about we pray for the AMERICANS who are now dealing with radiation on our west coast? In case you have forgotten we killed a good 300,000 of them in WW2 , hasn't seemed to stop them, so I am sure a lil more radiation will just mean they will rule the world even sooner, they don't need prayer, they need to back off our damn economy. My Uncles would turn over in their graves if I started praying for a bunch of their enemy. Bunch of hypocrits, "NUKE OSAMA!" "PRAY FOR THE JAPANESE!" WTF?!?! Personally now I think we should all pool together and direct our prayers for the same accident in North Korea and Lybia.:cheers:

If this was an American accident, they wouldnt be praying for us, they would be figuring out how to make a damn buck from it. I say we do the same, I have some little white "anti-radiation" pills that will cure them all for the low low price of 20,000 dollars per 10 day supply, sorry no honda trades accepted.

During the final stages of World War II in 1945, the United States conducted two atomic bombings against the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan, the first on August 6, 1945 and the second on August 9, 1945. These two events are the only active deployments of nuclear weapons in war to date.

For six months, the United States had made use of intense strategic fire-bombing of 67 Japanese cities. Together with the United Kingdom and the Republic of China, the United States called for a surrender of Japan in the Potsdam Declaration on July 26, 1945. The Japanese government ignored this ultimatum. By executive order of President Harry S. Truman, the U.S. dropped the nuclear weapon "Little Boy" on the city of Hiroshima on Monday, August 6, 1945, followed by the detonation of "Fat Man" over Nagasaki on August 9.

Within the first two to four months of the bombings, the acute effects killed 90,000–166,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000–80,000 in Nagasaki,with roughly half of the deaths in each city occurring on the first day. The Hiroshima prefectural health department estimates that, of the people who died on the day of the explosion, 60% died from flash or flame burns, 30% from falling debris and 10% from other causes. During the following months, large numbers died from the effect of burns, radiation sickness, and other injuries, compounded by illness. In a US estimate of the total immediate and short term cause of death, 15–20% died from radiation sickness, 20–30% from flash burns, and 50–60% from other injuries, compounded by illness. In both cities, most of the dead were civilians.

Six days after the detonation over Nagasaki, on August 15, Japan announced its surrender to the Allied Powers, signing the Instrument of Surrender on September 2, officially ending the Pacific War and therefore World War II. Germany had signed its Instrument of Surrender on May 7, ending the war in Europe. The bombings led, in part, to post-war Japan's adopting Three Non-Nuclear Principles, forbidding the nation from nuclear armament. The role of the bombings in Japan's surrender and the U.S.'s ethical justification for them, as well as their strategical importance, is still debated.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    ...blah blah...

redneck-rampage-01.jpg

Plinky

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I guess some people can stay mad forever.

If you are so forgiving, why bother with owning a gun? get robbed, raped and pillaged and then say, Its ok I forgive you, see no gun needed... yeah thats what I thought.

Asking Americans to pray for Japanese on the day that Franklin Roosevelt died in 1945 , nah ill pass. Next thing you will want us to pray for Osama and forget 9-11 good luck with that.

Last edited:

Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    Pray for them? WTF? In 45' we didn't want them and now all of a sudden I need to pray for them? I don't drive a honda and don't plan to and i sure as hell don't plan to go there for some sushi. How about we pray for the AMERICANS who are now dealing with radiation on our west coast? In case you have forgotten we killed a good 300,000 of them in WW2 , hasn't seemed to stop them, so I am sure a lil more radiation will just mean they will rule the world even sooner, they don't need prayer, they need to back off our damn economy. My Uncles would turn over in their graves if I started praying for a bunch of their enemy. Bunch of hypocrits, "NUKE OSAMA!" "PRAY FOR THE JAPANESE!" WTF?!?! Personally now I think we should all pool together and direct our prayers for the same accident in North Korea and Lybia.

If you are so forgiving, why bother with owning a gun? get robbed, raped and pillaged and then say, Its ok I forgive you, see no gun needed... yeah thats what I thought.

Asking Americans to pray for Japanese on the day that Franklin Roosevelt died in 1945 , nah ill pass. Next thing you will want us to pray for Osama and forget 9-11 good luck with that.

You are taking one concept and turning it into something else.
    What does defending ones self have to do with forgiving and owning a gun?
    What does praying for an innocent person have to do with forgetting 9-11 and "Nuke Osama?"

Plinky, once upon a time Americans attacked Americans on their own soil. Still have hard feelings against them?

Last edited:

Plinky

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    You are taking one concept and turning it into something else.
    QUESTION 1)What does defending ones self have to do with forgiving and owning a gun?
    QUESTION 2)What does praying for an innocent person have to do with forgetting 9-11 and "Nuke Osama?"

Plinky, once upon a time Americans attacked Americans on their own soil. I guess you want America nuked also, right?

ANSWER 1) Well If It is improper for me to defend my country from the Japanese trade invasion, then It has to be wrong to stop a Japanese robber from coming into your home no?

ANSWER 2) Prayer for innocent people is just fine, prayer for innocent AMERICANS is better.

as for americans attacking americans on our own soil, WAKE UP AND WATCH THE NEWS! and from reading the thread on legalizing drugs I say America is already half baked, do we really need to Nuke it? When does a Patriot stop being a Patriot? When he decides to forgive a people for hurting another people without asking the people. Go knock on the door of a Vet who served in the South Pacific like my Uncle Oliver and ask him if he is ok with your sympathy, when he is done stoming you into the ground and sticking an american flag in you as being defeated, lemme know what your thoughts are then. After all it was his friends and families blood and guts laying on the beach, not yours. You want to help them out, then take a flight to Japan with the wife and kiddies and bible bash all you want. You want to give me a hard time for not concerning myself with the Japanese, then get off my Flag and stop living off the battle scars and memories of those who knew what patriotism was in America when it was Great. Last I checked nobody ever stopped you from joining alqueda either, I mean what the hell right?
    In case you failed history class, look up information on how the Japanese began in 1931 their pursuit to rule the world, after sanctions they found another way, control the trade and you control the world. WW2 was not just another half assed gulf wannabe-war where everyone just acted like they were at war inflicting 4700 causalties in 8 years of fighting in iraq, the japanese killed over 80,000 americans in 2 months. Look at the impact the loss of 9-11 caused, and that was 2700 americans, so I wont appologise because some of us listened to the stories and honor those who stood for something and stand yet still. Japanese are raised to see Americans as a lesser people, the reason? We have no honor anymore. We don't hate our enemies and we don't love ourselves, and that is something that needs the prayers.

If America ever has a serious crisis, the Japanese will use it to their advantage , as weakness is to be exploited or perhaps you werent privy to the last time they expressed this, It was known as Pearl Harbor. AN UNPROVOAKED ATTACK BY THE EMPIRE OF JAPAN. Keep thinking that attitude has changed in japan, I am certain they have completely forgot that we nuked them and are now American loving little people. In 1945 we did the right thing and ended a war and saved lives, bet your ass the list of countries today who if they could would do the same to us is longer than your prayer list. If it is not time to start hating other nations for their obvious distain for our way of life, Is it at least time to start loving our nation enough to not hold hands and sing kumbaya with every one of the masses who wouldn't **** on your head if your face was on fire?
    If not now, then tell me when? when our flag turns red and white with a big ass spot on it? before? after? Whos is going to save us from ourselves? you oh awesome wearer of the badge of reason and red lights? by all means, let the rest of us know when it is time to be the country who stood against all others as one, instead of a country full of cowards and hypocrits whos only idea of fighting for freedom is sticking it to the man on their taxes. Yea, I will start worrying about the japanese abount the time you start worrying about those poor kids down in the 9th ward who wake up to gunfire every night, you havent fixed that yet and its around the corner, stop worrying about **** an ocean and a country away, clean your own yard first, and please get off my ass. Hope that answered your questions.

Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    ANSWER 1) Well If It is improper for me to defend my country from the Japanese trade invasion, then It has to be wrong to stop a Japanese robber from coming into your home no?

ANSWER 2) Prayer for innocent people is just fine, prayer for innocent AMERICANS is better.

as for americans attacking americans on our own soil, WAKE UP AND WATCH THE NEWS! and from reading the thread on legalizing drugs I say America is already half baked, do we really need to Nuke it? When does a Patriot stop being a Patriot? When he decides to forgive a people for hurting another people without asking the people. Go knock on the door of a Vet who served in the South Pacific like my Uncle Oliver and ask him if he is ok with your sympathy, when he is done stoming you into the ground and sticking an american flag in you as being defeated, lemme know what your thoughts are then. After all it was his friends and families blood and guts laying on the beach, not yours. You want to help them out, then take a flight to Japan with the wife and kiddies and bible bash all you want. You want to give me a hard time for not concerning myself with the Japanese, then get off my Flag and stop living off the battle scars and memories of those who knew what patriotism was in America when it was Great. Last I checked nobody ever stopped you from joining alqueda either, I mean what the hell right?
    In case you failed history class, look up information on how the Japanese began in 1931 their pursuit to rule the world, after sanctions they found another way, control the trade and you control the world. WW2 was not just another half assed gulf wannabe-war where everyone just acted like they were at war inflicting 4700 causalties in 8 years of fighting in iraq, the japanese killed over 80,000 americans in 2 months. Look at the impact the loss of 9-11 caused, and that was 2700 americans, so I wont appologise because some of us listened to the stories and honor those who stood for something and stand yet still. Japanese are raised to see Americans as a lesser people, the reason? We have no honor anymore. We don't hate our enemies and we don't love ourselves, and that is something that needs the prayers.

If America ever has a serious crisis, the Japanese will use it to their advantage , as weakness is to be exploited or perhaps you werent privy to the last time they expressed this, It was known as Pearl Harbor. AN UNPROVOAKED ATTACK BY THE EMPIRE OF JAPAN. Keep thinking that attitude has changed in japan, I am certain they have completely forgot that we nuked them and are now American loving little people. In 1945 we did the right thing and ended a war and saved lives, bet your ass the list of countries today who if they could would do the same to us is longer than your prayer list. If it is not time to start hating other nations for their obvious distain for our way of life, Is it at least time to start loving our nation enough to not hold hands and sing kumbaya with every one of the masses who wouldn't **** on your head if your face was on fire?
    If not now, then tell me when? when our flag turns red and white with a big ass spot on it? before? after? Whos is going to save us from ourselves? you oh awesome wearer of the badge of reason and red lights? by all means, let the rest of us know when it is time to be the country who stood against all others as one, instead of a country full of cowards and hypocrits whos only idea of fighting for freedom is sticking it to the man on their taxes. Yea, I will start worrying about the japanese abount the time you start worrying about those poor kids down in the 9th ward who wake up to gunfire every night, you havent fixed that yet and its around the corner, stop worrying about **** an ocean and a country away, clean your own yard first, and please get off my ass. Hope that answered your questions.

FYI, I had four uncles in WW2, and family serve in Korea and Nam. I aced History in school, and college. I also know what a Patriot is. Your uncle does not have to worry about "stoming" me, I am very thankful for his service.

Lets talk history. We had wars with Britain, Germany, Italy, Philippines, Spain, proxy wars with China and Russia, and numerous other conflicts. Yes I will say a prayer for the innocent people of Japan. I pray at night with my children for this country also. It is obvious you do not understand the concept of being a Christian. Educate yourself, read the Bible.

The correct spelling is not hypocrit, it is hypocrite. Guess you failed English class. Hypocrite: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings. I value your opinion, its free speech, what your uncle fought to protect. So like a hypocrite, you flamed others for expressing their right to free speech. Your comments, "Last I checked nobody ever stopped you from joining al qaeda either, I mean what the hell right?" are senseless. By the way, was that a statement or a question?

You are right, kids in the 9th ward do wake up to gun fire. I have personally done a lot of work in those kind of neighborhoods. What are you doing to fix anything? Have you even been to the 9th ward?

I applaud you for defending our country, but no one here gave you a premise for you to become so aggressive to fellow BS members praying for innocent victims of a tragedy. How is prayer for the innocent, especially children who are victims of a disaster, an attack on on our country or veterans?

Our slow economy is our government's and corporation's fault for outsourcing jobs and wasting money. You should turn some of that anger to our elected officials. I am more worried that a Muslim terrorist will do more damage to our economy than Japan ever will. I am worried that illegals crossing our borders from Mexico and those people in your back yard that refuse to work will continue harming our economy more than Japan ever will.

The atack on Pearl Harbor occurred over 69 years ago. The U.S. bombed Japan over 65 years ago. Are you old enough to remember it? You remind me of a black person who says he is owed reparations because his uncle was a slave. Get over it.

When you sober up, read your posts and try to make sense of them. If you are sober and typing this ****, I'll look in the yellow pages and recommend a shrink for you.

FYI: Read how the evil Japanese helped our economy and contributed to a local disaster.

Japanese automakers in the United States are employing a significant number of U.S. workers, and are substantially contributing to the export of U.S. automobiles. After the conclusion of the Japan-United States Autos and Auto Parts Consultations in June 1995, Japanese automobile manufacturers in the United States, Toyota and Nissan, announced plans to construct new factories in the United States. This investment would further create many new jobs and should contribute greatly to the U.S. economy. In addition, exports of automobile produced by Japan's U.S.-based automakers contribute to the U.S. exports. Their exports exceed the total number of cars exported by the Big Three to abroad except the units to Canada.

1. Japanese automakers in the U.S. hire more than 52,000 Americans. Another 297,000 Americans are employed by 6,600 car dealerships that sell Japanese cars.

+++++++++++++++++++++15 September 2005
    Japan Proves Truly "A Friend Indeed" After Hurricane Katrina

Japanese government, companies, individuals send assistance to victims

By Jane Morse
    Washington File Staff Writer

Washington -- If the saying "a friend in need is a friend indeed" is true, Japan is one of the best friends the United States ever could have to provide support while so many Americans are suffering in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Japanese private citizens and the government alike have sent a virtual tsunami of assistance to the victims of Katrina, which devastated 90,000 square miles along the U.S. Gulf Coast in August. Hundreds of thousands of people lost their homes and hundreds lost their lives.

Japan has pledged more than $1.5 million in private donations. The government of Japan has donated $200,000 in cash to the American Red Cross and some $800,000 in relief supplies -- from blankets to generators -- already are arriving to aid the most needy. Japanese firms with operations in the United States have donated some $12 million in total, including Honda Motor Corporation ($5 million), Hitachi ($1 million) and Nissan (more than $750,000).

The U.S. Embassy in Tokyo was overwhelmed by the generosity of one Japanese individual -- Takashi Endo -- who donated $1 million from his personal funds to Katrina relief efforts. Endo said he was moved when, during a business trip to London, he saw a televised report about a mother separated from her children in the chaos of the flooding in New Orleans. The story so disturbed him he could not sleep that night; the next morning he resolved to do something to help.

Yuji Takahashi, president and chief executive officer of the Japan Petroleum Exploration Company Ltd., which has operations off the coast of Louisiana, donated $100,000 to U.S. federal government hurricane relief efforts. Takahashi said that when he learned of the destruction caused by the hurricane, he felt as if his own family had been affected.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I hold the Federal Government more in disrespect for their war of Northern aggression than I do Japan for attacking us.

The Federal Government voided it's own rules for power and profit, Japan acted against a perceived threat on their national security.

I do pray for all the innocent vic's in Japan, they were mostly hum drum drones like us, working for a bushel of grain a day.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Just received an update on my iPhone that the threat level from the stricken nuclear power plant in Fukushima has been "provisionally" raised from 5 to 7, which is the most serious (equaling Chernobyl).

The 7 rating only means that it is a "major" accident, which I don't think there was any doubt. What is going on at Fukushima Daiichi is not equal to Chernobyl.

The NEI webisite will have better information when it updates, but this article actually had more meat than the Fox News story of "Fukushima Daiichi is Chernobyl II, buy iodine tablets, run for you lives, we're all going to DIE!!!!!!!"

Though the Fukushima crisis now stands alongside Chernobyl on the INES event rating, experts note several important distinctions. No deaths have yet resulted from radiation leaked at Fukushima. At Chernobyl, a single reactor exploded, and a massive cloud of cesium, plutonium and strontium spread across Belarus, Ukraine, Russia and Europe. At Fukushima, workers have struggled to stabilize seven reactors and spent fuel pools, but so far the radioactive releases have come as byproduct of emergency cooling efforts, with the venting of radioactive steam and the leaking of contaminated water.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...-highest-level/2011/04/11/AFxrFEND_story.html

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Pray for them? WTF? In 45' we didn't want them and now all of a sudden I need to pray for them? I don't drive a honda and don't plan to and i sure as hell don't plan to go there for some sushi. How about we pray for the AMERICANS who are now dealing with radiation on our west coast? In case you have forgotten we killed a good 300,000 of them in WW2 , hasn't seemed to stop them, so I am sure a lil more radiation will just mean they will rule the world even sooner, they don't need prayer, they need to back off our damn economy. My Uncles would turn over in their graves if I started praying for a bunch of their enemy. Bunch of hypocrits, "NUKE OSAMA!" "PRAY FOR THE JAPANESE!" WTF?!?! Personally now I think we should all pool together and direct our prayers for the same accident in North Korea and Lybia.:cheers:

If this was an American accident, they wouldnt be praying for us, they would be figuring out how to make a damn buck from it. I say we do the same, I have some little white "anti-radiation" pills that will cure them all for the low low price of 20,000 dollars per 10 day supply, sorry no honda trades accepted.

I'm not sure you worship the same God as I do. Forgiveness, compassion and humility are the cornerstones of my religion (Christianity). What are you?

The Japanese did donate millions after 9/11 and Katrina. You may very well have been on the receiving end of their generosity and not known it.

There aren’t many WW2 vets left in this world, most Japanese did not fight America, but have provided valuable service and products to the US.

Japan forced the US auto industry to improve their products whose quality had severely dropped after the 50s and 60s.

Japan has also employed many Americans who are happy to have their jobs at a Japanese auto company. Many of the employees are happy enough to vote against unionizing the work force year after year. You can’t say that for the big three.

The Japanese are good people trying to do the best they can. They are one of our most important allies. The economic damage this disaster will impact the US economy. If you don’t pray for their sake, you’d best be praying for yours.

BTW, how do you feel about the UK?

zander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    It may have the same rating as Chernobyl but won't be as deadly. When the reactor at Chernobyl exploded it sent radiation into the stratosphere causing a much larger area of fallout. I don't want to make light of the problem in Japan, it is horrible and people will die from radiation, but it won't be as bad as Chernobyl unless a major explosion occurs, which is doubtful according to the experts.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I took too much Nyquil once too! Drove me to type a wild 4 page rant about the socioeconomic dangers of the buck moth caterpiller on a PETA website.:mamoru:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    It may have the same rating as Chernobyl but won't be as deadly. When the reactor at Chernobyl exploded it sent radiation into the stratosphere causing a much larger area of fallout. I don't want to make light of the problem in Japan, it is horrible and people will die from radiation, but it won't be as bad as Chernobyl unless a major explosion occurs, which is doubtful according to the experts.

Since the reactors are getting cooling water, it's unlikely. Also, we aren't looking at the core melting down into the water tables.

Plinky

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    OMG, and you people are serious? So because the Japanese show concern for our ECONOMY they are all of a sudden "good guys"? Last year Japan sold 20 billion in cars to the united states, and because they donbated a few million you are brainwashed and all teary eyed?? Cmon wake up, it is called BUSINESS, SMART BUSINESS, keep us buying and smile all the way to the bank. If i was sitting here hating on Hitler and I was jewish then thats fine, but to hate on the Japanese because I am an American thats bad? Where the hell are your priorities?? where are your loyalties?? If Hitlers cousin sold cars, how many jewish people would line up to buy them? At least they have their priorities straight eh?
    Yes I have been to the 9th ward, my company has donated millions in money and labor to the area. Was I alive when we nuked Japan? Nope, wasnt alive when smallpox was killing off half the world but I know smallpox is bad.
    The sickening part of all this is that all i see are a bunch of people who fail to see the truth, so here is a little bit so that maybe you can wake up and get your heads out of your ass.

The poorest place in the world is not in Africa, not the middle east , not that place on the tv commercials , Nope, it is right here in the United States, a place called Pine Ridge South Dakota, the avg income per family is 3700 a year GROSS. the infant mortality rate is 12 times the national avg. 60 percent of homes lack basic cooking facilities and electric, the unemployment rate is over 97%. So keep wanting to help out everyone else in the world and keep turning a blind eye to the situation in what I can still call my country, can you? In 1943 a Native American man named Woodrow Keeble was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor, In 1982 he died, not of battle or even old age, it wasnt cancer that done him in, nope not this CMH winner, no, he died of STARVATION IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Take a good look at an American Hero, and tell me how proud you are of that, because personally I think whats been said her is disgusting when WE allow this on our own soil to our own Heros.

**** CORRECTION, It was Medal of Honor RECIPIENT WOOROW KEEBLE who died of starvation on the reservation, he spent the last 20years of his life mute and paralyzed not from war but from lack of basic healthcare from TB. my appologies for the mistake. ****

clairemartin.jpg

Last edited:

Pookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    WWII was a long time ago (ironically, probably even longer ago than the Civil War). Things have changed in Japan since WWII. Really. I've seen it for myself.

BTW, I actually have a Jewish friend who drives a Volkswagen.

Top Bottom