Japanese ww ii flag - need advice

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    UPDATE: I sent the flag off to OBON 2015. It is an organization dedicated to getting the flags returned to the families. After they had the flag analyzed they discovered that there is not a individual Soldiers name on it. As it turns out, this flag came from a region that is famous for high quality porcelain pottery.
    And this flag contains the names of some of the greatest regional masters. The makers of this pottery must have made many of them and passed them out.

They were able to locate a son of one of the signers. They said he is very excited to know about this. Presently he is contacting the local leaders and they
    are deciding where this heirloom can be kept so that all the family members can visit it and see their relatives names.

I feel better knowing they were able to get it in the right hands.

This is probably the best thread I've ever read on Bayou Shooter. Thank you for sharing your flag story with us.

rdm227

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Prairieville
    Here is the final outcome:

They traced the flag to a village in Nagasaki. Of the 38 signatures, all were from known men except for 3 or 4. Many of the people present recognized their Fathers signature. The flag was framed in Gold and placed in their local community center. The locals provided the organization souvenir spoon rests as a sign of their appreciation which was sent to me along with a handwritten letter. This has been a truly rewarding experience and I thank you all again for your help.

20150121_172746.jpg

Below is a YouTube link to the event.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R27BG5sXVso&feature=youtu.be

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Here is the final outcome:

They traced the flag to a village in Nagasaki. Of the 38 signatures, all were from known men except for 3 or 4. Many of the people present recognized their Fathers signature. The flag was framed in Gold and placed in their local community center. The locals provided the organization souvenir spoon rests as a sign of their appreciation which was sent to me along with a handwritten letter. This has been a truly rewarding experience and I thank you all again for your help.

View attachment 55207

Below is a YouTube link to the event.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R27BG5sXVso&feature=youtu.be

Dude, that is just freaking awesome!

The soldiers don't start the wars. Two thumbs up to you!

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    So i just read this thread for the first time. WOW. A truly amazing story. As much as I would have wanted to keep my grandfather's keep sake, you made the right decision. It sounds like the community and families are very appreciative of what you have done. You have shown great honor and respect by going out of your way to return this flag. I am so happy I found this thread, made my day.

Top Bottom