jim's firearms gun smiths are pathetic

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smboudreaux

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Addis, La
    the pics speak for themselves. if you don't know what you are doing try learning on something cheaper than my $800 stock. just plain ridiculous.

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I had a bad experience with "gunsmiths" several years back. I don't choose to use them for anything more complex than changing the sights on a handgun.

Dave

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    i had a real bad experience with them mounting a scope for me, two of my friends had less than satisfactory dealing with them also

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Unreal.

It's easily salvageable with a bedding job for the bottom metal from someone who knows what they're doing. Before ANYBODY touches one of my rifles they had better have had a good recommendation from multiple fellow shooters with good past experiences. I'd suggest sending it to William Roscoe at Louisiana Precision. He's fixed multiple shotty screw-ups done by "local gun store smiths" when it comes to precision rifles.

Last edited:

Bama2LA

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    Wow, I'm not a gunsmith nor a long gun expert but that looks bad. I agree that unless it's changing sights on a handgun I wouldn't go to them.

I would taken to a better smith and then show them exactly what good work looks like, but show Jim not one of the 15 year olds behind the counter.

smboudreaux

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Addis, La
    Unreal.

It's easily salvageable with a bedding job for the bottom metal from someone who knows what they're doing. Before ANYBODY touches one of my rifles they had better have had a good recommendation from multiple fellow shooters with good past experiences. I'd suggest sending it to William Roscoe at Louisiana Precision. He's fixed multiple shotty screw-ups done by "local gun store smiths" when it comes to precision rifles.

i'm gonna send it to roscoe to get straightened out. to be honest i have no interest in future business with jim's in any capacity. if they couldn't do it right the first time i'm scared to see what they may do trying to repair it. they also did the pillar bed job and bedded the recoil lug. i'll give credit where credit is due. the bedding job in decent.

idk fellas. if you work on rifles like this day in and day out i guess you get complacent.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Unreal.

This.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Jims threaded a barrel for me and did an outstanding job. But they never gave me the thread protector.

They were also selling extended mag releases for glocks for $25 installed, and $20 for just the part. That was the last straw for me.

I want to like that place for the selection, but I just can't.

Top Bottom