Jim's firearms in Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zig500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    st francisville
    Just wondering if anyone has dealed with this guys i was looking at a rifle there today some of the guys did not seem real friendly but they was busy might be the reason

jalger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Luling
    yeah I've had a Kimber on order there for about 8 months now. They seem like good people! And yes when gun salesmen are busy don't take offense, they get stressed out too just like you and me!

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    I been there several times and bought a few handguns from there and my experience was good. From my experience it appears there tactic was to address me right as soon as I came to the counter. Once they realized I was serious (using their mind reading techniques) about a purchase, then they catered to me. Other times I went there and they sensed I was just there looking around, then they let me be. I didn't sense any disrespect or anything like that.

Last edited:

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Hit or miss with my exp. Never purchased a gun, but have got parts and service. I don't waste their time unless I am seriously looking.

I am just never a fan of their pricing. Most are knowledgeable about the firearms they stock and if not, will get someone who is.

Rayneiac

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine
    I been there several times and bought a few handguns from there and my experience was good. From my experience it appears there tactic was to address me right as soon as I came to the counter. Once they realized I was serious (using their mind reading techniques) about a purchase, then they catered to me. Other times I went there and they sensed I was just there looking around, then they let me be. I didn't sense any disrespect or anything like that.

This has been my experience as well. When it's busy....it is NUTS in there. If I have time on my hands, I'll wander around and wait for the gun case crowd to thin out a little bit before even trying to approach it.

I've also seem them use their high grade ESP skills to quickly determine whether a customer is full of hot air, asking sincere questions, posturing for effect etc.

:)

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    I went in there earlier this afternoon to kill some time. Stupid busy.

Several different guys behind the counter asked me if I needed any help-just looking, thanks.

I hope they read this post, but there was a guy tobacco-spitting into a Gatoraid bottle with about 3" of bile colored spit in the container the whole time I perused the gun cases. Waiting on customers, spitting in the bottle-carried it with him everywhere he went.

Farkin' Gross!

Dirty

Corvette Racer

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Called to get a price on a Beretta PX4 in .45 as a Christmas present for my son. Was quoted $579, which was the same as Cabellas, but less than BP, Heberts, etc. I decided not to go to a big box store and buy local from Jim. Went to pick it up and they said the price was $659. Apparently, they quoted me the 9mm model on the phone. They would not budge on the price, even though they misquoted it and I was there with the $$$ in my hand. Ordered it from Accurate, and total was $647 including tax and shipping. Sent Jim an email, no response back. F' em.

LSUSMC

Segreant
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Prairieville
    I've had mostly good experiences there in the past, they almost always have what I'm looking for but you will pay more for most of their stuff (One great deal they have are Nightforce Scopes priced lower than most online vendors.) There are a couple guys with the personalities of wet bricks but for the most part they are very knowledgeable, patient, and helpful. I watched them throw an obviously drunk guy out of the store last week, he was pissed because they would not let him buy a gun... :rofl:

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    i have always been helped. i've never really had a bad experience there. when gas tubes where hard to find, i was able to get a mid-length one from them. also, i was able to purchase a lower from them at a semi reasonable price less than a month ago.

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    I buy from them every now and then. Service is usually pretty good. They are a real helpful bunch if you are serious about purchasing. However, my friends and I drop in enough that half of the people know us by name, or at the very least recognize us readily, lol.

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Been doing business with Jim since right after he left EBRSO and started his business.

Have bought many firearms and accessories from them. Always treated fairly.

They may be more expensive than some other shops in town, but they stock alot more and its worth a few bucks to me to get what I want, when I want it.

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR
    Go there having done your homework already.

These days there are zero excuses to use a salesman's word as the driving force to what you should purchase.

That being said, everyone there is very nice and willing to help. I don't believe their pricing structure and trade structure is worth a crap but that's their business. The one outright thing I am against is their used weapon selection. They claim, "All our used firearms are cleaned, inspected, and guaranteed." I've seen otherwise on multiple occasions when it comes to the "cleaned" portion.

I do shop there and will continue to shop there. It's just all about knowing what to expect (or not to expect).

Last edited:

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Have purchased several guns there. Never a really bad experience.
    Some stuff can be priced a little high, but they have never charged me to fingerprint up any gun I asked to see.
    Have negotiated lower pricing a couple times, need to have the facts straight before asking though.
    Bought an item that rang up different than marked 1 time, didn't notice until home. Next trip to BR they made it right with a huge apology, as it should be.

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    I generally buy all my stuff at Jim's. Yeah, some of there prices are high, but I'm an impatient bastard. So when I want something, and they have it, I buy it. Generally they have an awesome stock on guns, not to mention the selection of 1911s.

I generally (most always) deal with Brian over there. He has been working there a long time and knows his stuff. Generally goes the extra mile to help me.

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Does anybody know if Jim's has a P7 for sale? I remember seeing one there last year but that was last year...

I was there over the weekend and I only think they had P30's. But that was the weekend, so they could have gotten some in. Give them a call tomorrow and see if they have it.

Jim's Firearms - (225) 293-5467

Top Bottom