Jindal vetoes pay raise!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    He didn't stick to his word when he said he wasn't going to veto the bill.:o
    BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Governor Bobby Jindal has just vetoed the pay raise legislators voted to give themselves. WAFB Capitol Correspondent Caroline Moses is following the story and will bring further details on this developing story.

The Louisiana Secretary of State's Elections Division received a recall petition for Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal late last week.

The move came amid Jindal's refusal to veto the pay raise for state legislators. It is unknown at this time how the governor's decision to veto the raise will affect that recall petition.

The petition was filed by Ryan and Kourtney Fournier, residents of Jefferson parish, near New Orleans.

I wonder if that recall petition acutally made a difference?

:)

Witiku

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2006

Ouch. A public B-ouch Slap.

Bobby just got some bad advice is all. He is back on track. The veto was the conservative thing to do.

200% pay raise with automatic inreases built in. WT_? And then telling us they are conceiding when they agree to pay themselves only an extra 100%. WT_? WT_?

I'm going to be a watching Who is asking for my vote this next election.

Richierich

RichieRich
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    NoLa
    I dont know how yall can even begin to think he found his balls or what not. All he is doing is saving his political ass. This whole ordeal was a joke to the rest of the country. In its simplest terms, if he did not veto this particular bill, he was more or less paying the LA legislature to pass his agendas. Now, had they given the Firefighters, Police, Etc... the pay raises they deserved at the same time, at the same speed, and to the same extent of their own raise this bill would have passed no problem.

How he conducts himself the rest of his term will determine whether or not he found his balls and is the guy that ran for governor or not.

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    also see this article:http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/22711479.html

I still think he was playing a game of chicken with the Legislature, probably under bad advise and therefore this guy had to go. I didn't totally disagree with the amount of the raise, I did disagree with it happening before the next term and the automatic increases... I have a feeling that the governor was expecting the legislature to self correct with the public's outrage but he didn't count on traditional Louisiana politics still coming in to play as strong as it did. With the legislature calling his bluff they've all now exposed their own top interest to their constituents, with his veto he denied their move and can now move on.

Toby

bah
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2007
    CocoDrie Ferry
    We should not be any less disgusted by the acts of the Legislature in all this. They tried riding roughshod over the Governor. They tried using their supposed might to tell everyone who ruled the roost. They almost succeeded.

They still may, assuming they try to override the veto. I hope they do try; a very public outcry would surely show itself.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I have a feeling that he found out that he wouldn't be McCain's VP, and so he didn't want t be recalled/he wanted to be re-elected.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    He made a deal with the devil (the legislature) and got burnt. You pass my bill (word is that it was the school voucher program. Hard to belive that he almost trashed his career over 1,500 kids going to private versus public school) and I won't veto your pay raise.

Art

Top Bottom