John Wayne commemorative model 92

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sam4freedom

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Zachary
    I recieved this as an unexspected gift yesterday. It's a limited edition run with only 4000 produced.

100_7949.jpg

100_7944.jpg

100_7952.jpg

100_7946.jpg

100_7934.jpg

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The ORIGINAL action hero! That's one beautiful rifle! The Duke would approve!!

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Awesome. Someone must really love you.

Did it come with the box and everything?

This one goes for around the 1,500 mark. I have one of the other John Wayne rifles but not the 100 Year Anniversary one. Very nice.

You need to rush out and find you a box of the John Wayne 100th Year box of 44-40 ammo to put with it.

Last edited:

sam4freedom

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Zachary
    It did come with a box but not the nice box that comes with the custom model. What I have is the high grade model. The custom model comes with a nice collector box. This is how I got it.
    100_7955.jpg

Yeah, it was a big surprise. I got it from my father-in-law. My bro in law just got married and has been building a house and I have been helping him so I guess this was his way to say thank you.

sam4freedom

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Zachary
    Funny stuff Hitman. I have to admit that although I do like John Wayne's movies I've never been a huge fan. At least not enough to go out and buy stuff about him. However it is a fine rifle and the walnut stock is beautiful. I'm going to build a display case for it so I can hang it on my wall. I have to say that I was a bit dissappointed when I saw that it was made in Japan.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Awesome. Someone must really love you.

Did it come with the box and everything?

This one goes for around the 1,500 mark. I have one of the other John Wayne rifles but not the 100 Year Anniversary one. Very nice.

You need to rush out and find you a box of the John Wayne 100th Year box of 44-40 ammo to put with it.

And a six pack of the John Wayne commemorative edition Coors.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Funny stuff Hitman. I have to admit that although I do like John Wayne's movies I've never been a huge fan. At least not enough to go out and buy stuff about him. However it is a fine rifle and the walnut stock is beautiful. I'm going to build a display case for it so I can hang it on my wall. I have to say that I was a bit dissappointed when I saw that it was made in Japan.

John Wayne is the man, but I would rather see a rifle more like what was used in his movies.

As far as being made in Japan, the Japanesse love American culture. The rifle was probably made by some people who really do love John Wayne and what all that the rifle would stand for. Some of the best guitars are made in Japan these days.

sam4freedom

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Zachary
    That might be a problem BBQLS1. You see I don't have a problem not shooting a collector rifle......but not drinking a six pack! Well, lets just say sometimes I get thirsty ;)

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    That might be a problem BBQLS1. You see I don't have a problem not shooting a collector rifle......but not drinking a six pack! Well, lets just say sometimes I get thirsty ;)

:D

I hated to see Winchester move their stuff to Japan. I would not mind it if it didnt say Made in Japan so big on it though.

Still a very nice rifle though.

ENVPMBR Shooter

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La
    My late grandfather collected thes types of rifles. He had the first John Wayne rifle. It was all silver and he purchased it in the early 80's. He had a total of 30 collectors rifles and all were 94's

Top Bottom