Johnny Depp responds to a kids letter and shows up at her school...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Hollywood star Johnny Depp has made an unannounced visit to a London primary school after receiving a letter from one of its pupils.
    The actor turned up at the school in Greenwich, South London, dressed as his Pirates of the Caribbean alter-ego Captain Jack Sparrow.
    He said nine-year-old Beatrice had written to Captain Jack, asking him to lead a mutiny against her teachers.

Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    Um, I can't give him props for this. The letter was not about recognizing a good teacher, or some kid with cancer, it was concerning a mutiny against the teachers. What a great message. More of the same liberal crap where you're the kid, you're in control, rebel against your parents, blah, blah, blah. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but even if it was just for that letter... weak.

Last edited:

WiLieR

I R Nooble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Madison, MS
    Or the school was contacted by the people who do publicity for PotC and agreed to such a publicity stunt. Especially since there is a fourth movie that will be released in the near future. This is a great way to remind people of the series and a great way for a school to get it's name in the news and get all kinds of free publicity and other goodies that go with it (the studio prob gave the school all kinds of stuff, etc....).

Brilliant way to cover the visit and free gifts by responding to a letter requesting a mutiny.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Or the school was contacted by the people who do publicity for PotC and agreed to such a publicity stunt. Especially since there is a fourth movie that will be released in the near future. This is a great way to remind people of the series and a great way for a school to get it's name in the news and get all kinds of free publicity and other goodies that go with it (the studio prob gave the school all kinds of stuff, etc....).

Brilliant way to cover the visit and free gifts by responding to a letter requesting a mutiny.
    Back in '07 Johnny Depp's daughter had kidney failure. She was hospitalized in a children's hospital in London.

In '09 Johnny Depp dressed as Jack Sparrow visited that same hospital.
    He read bedtime stories to the children in the ward and donated ~ one million USD to the hospital show his appreciation for the doctors and staff.

There was no movie coming out then.

depp.jpg

Just having some fun with the lads.

Last edited:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I don't know anything about the man himself. I try to not know anything about actors, sports figures, etc. I don't want to know about their lives or their opinions. What I do know about Depp is what I've seen of his body of work. Spectacular stuff. You really wouldn't know it was the same actor from film to film, because he does such a good job of losing himself in the characters. He is one of the finest actors of our time, and this is from a guy who despises that whole "Pirates of the Caribbean" crap.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom