Johnny Winter blues guitarist dead at 70

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    Damn another of my Rock/Blues hero's has died. That rock and roll band in Heaven has just gained another great guitar player. I remember once he pulls up to the front door of the Warehouse in a hearse (he drove that thing everywhere) parked on the sidewalk got out said hi to everybody standing waiting to get in, pulled his guitar case out of the back and walked in.

From Rolling Stone back when they actually reviewed music: "If you can imagine a 130-pound, cross-eyed albino with long fleecy hair playing some of the gutsiest, fluid blues guitar you ever heard, then enter Johnny Winter," wrote Larry Sepulvado and John Burks in the issue. "At 16, [Mike] Bloomfield called him the best white blues guitarist he ever heard.... No doubt about it, the first name that comes to mind when you ask emigrant Texans about the good musicians that stayed back home is Winter's."

Last edited:

Snuggie308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2013
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Man!! I am so sorry to hear that! I too saw him at the Warehouse. Last time was in Lafayette about 15 yrs ago. Sat on a bar stool about ten feet in front of him at Grant Street. Awesome dude man! He will be missed.....but remembered well.

Top Bottom