Joining the NFA world.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    I've been wanting an SBR for a while. I know what upper I want, and while I can't afford it right this moment I know what lower it's going on so I'm starting my paperwork now. I have an LLC registered so to keep things simple I'll be putting it under that name. I'm assuming that if I set up a trust later and want to transfer the items I'll have to repay the tax stamp. (Actually I'm not sure if an SBR registered lower can be tranferred..?). I've found a ton of helpful information on here, so I'm posting what I'm doing for anyone that's interested, and for those more knowledgeable to pass on any advice or correct my mistakes if they see any. (BTW most of this was taken from the sticky at the top done by aroundlsu, thanks for the help).

Based on the sticky I have right now:
    1) A lower receiver.
    2) Application To Register As Firearms Manufacturer
    3) Application To Register Firearm
    4) ATF Form 1 (fixed link) http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-1.pdf
    5) Certification of Citizenship Form (fixed link) http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5330-20.pdf

My only question right now is on the application to register firearm (State form), since my LLC will be the "Manufacturer" of the SBR do I list it as the manufacturer or do I list the original manufacturer of the lower (YMH)?

Bob L.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    List the original manufacturer, his address, and serial number. I put my trust name and home town in the block for "additional description and data". I had the form reviewed by my attorney who did the trust. It was approved in about 3 weeeks.

ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    So I found something interesting today, anyone else familiar with this, and from what I read this means that even those who register as a manufacturer so that they can build an SBR fall under this.

ITAR section 122.1(a) reads:
    *Any person who engages in the United States in the business of either manufacturing or exporting defense articles or furnishing defense services is required to register with the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. For the purpose of this subchapter, engaging in the business of manufacturing or exporting defense articles or furnishing defense services requires only one occasion of manufacturing or exporting a defense article or furnishing a defense service. Manufacturers who do not engage in exporting must nevertheless register.*

Top Bottom