JP AR-15's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CBORNE01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New to the AR scene, but would like to know what you guys think about JP rifles. ?? worth the money, and is the accuracy really that much better than the mid-priced AR's? (of coarse ammo plays a big part in that). I know the role of the gun plays a role into what you buy, but I love extremely accurate rifles, and from what I have read, JP is hard to beat in accuracy in this type rifle, but you can't always believe what you read-- therefore the question.
    Thanks.

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    What you will be getting is a shop with 4 guys who hand build each rifle. The trigger is a single stage that is one of the best for action shooting. The barrels are cryo treated. Then they are just about taken all a part and inspected again before shipping out.

There is a bunch of guy who shoot these JP rifles on here. If you just going to buy a rifle and put it in the closet a $800.00 mil spc will do you. If you want to shoot a fine hand build $1995.00.

A Kia will get you there as well as a sports car it just a diffident ride.

Here is one in action vvvvvvv

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36ze9I6viqc[/ame]

Last edited:

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    As Golden Dragon said, these are hand built rifles by true professional competitors and shooters who happen to be professional machinist and perfectionist. I have built, bought, shot and owned other milspec, match, and tactical rifles, and must say the JPAR15's are the top of the line rifles. The barrels are all stainless custom cut air gauged, button rifled, at the JP shop and are done so in a cryogenically treated machine, this ensures the top accuracy and a barrel that can stay in specs for over 50K rounds, the other key to the success, is the hand polished, low mass bolt/carrier/firing pin, it is the best setup in the market and is ball bearing smooth, I shoot a competition J-15 model with the teflon coated 18 inch medium contour. It shoots 1/2 MOA at 100 yds with handloaded 55 fmj. I shoot 12 to 14 - 3 gun matches a year with this setup, I just mounted a new Leupold Mark AR scope on it and the turret is calibrated out to 650 yds, the farthest I shot it with this optic was 300 yds, hitting 6 inch plates in Franklinton, LA with 55gr fmj, can't wait to stretch it out to 500 and 600

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    As Golden Dragon said, these are hand built rifles by true professional competitors and shooters who happen to be professional machinist and perfectionist. I have built, bought, shot and owned other milspec, match, and tactical rifles, and must say the JPAR15's are the top of the line rifles. The barrels are all stainless custom cut air gauged, button rifled, at the JP shop and are done so in a cryogenically treated machine, this ensures the top accuracy and a barrel that can stay in specs for over 50K rounds, I shoot a competition J-15 model with the teflon coated 18 inch medium contour. It shoots 1/2 MOA at 100 yds with handloaded 55 fmj

:eek3:

Dude, that thing is sexy

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It really depends on what you plan on using it for.

For competition...they can't be beat. Hell of a rifle for the money.

For regular ol' plinking and/or self-defense SHTF use I'd personally prefer two $1000 mil-spec rifles.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have a JP 1&8 twist barrel, forend and fire control on my rifle, love it, the trigger can't be beat, I really couldn't afford a complete JP so I pieced one together, I don't know the true accuracy potential of my rifle because of my scope of choice, it has a dot instead of crosshairs, but I do know that a 4" popper at 300 yards doesn't have a chance.
    Mine looks good in the pic, but the fit and finish of a JP blows it away

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom