JP officials commandeer all of BP's hired boats in Grand Isle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/JP-officials-commandeer-BPs-hired-boats-in-Grand-Isle-94668304.html

GRAND ISLE, La. - Jefferson Parish Emergency managers say they have commandeered all of BP's hired boats in Grand Isle.

A representative for Jefferson Parish Emergency chief Deano Bonano said they requested immediate action after oil moved into the marsh passes and onto the beaches in Grand Isle.

He said more than 40 boats were sitting idle while he watched the oil rush into the passes.

At around 5:30 p.m., Jefferson Councilman Chris Roberts confirmed the boats have been commandeered by JP emergency managers.

blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    Yes it is a shame. B. Nungesser has been going bannanas down there. BP and Trans..are trying to file limited liability already. Its a damn shame how the Fed, Bp, MMS, Coast Gaurd are just sitting by and watching the oil roll up.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    But, the litigious nature of big business now here I can see both sides of it..

I have a feeling BP will file chapter **something** very soon!

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    But, the litigious nature of big business now here I can see both sides of it..

I have a feeling BP will file chapter **something** very soon!

BP is the world's 4th largest company, making billions and billions in profit every year. They could absorb a billion dollar loss without being close to any type of bankruptcy.

Saftman

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Lafayette, La.
    That should have happened 2 weeks ago. Gov. Jindal should also have the head of BP in La. arrested. This is totally out of hand now. If the state waits on the Feds or BP we are guaranteed to be S#^& Out Of Luck. I know some of the Members here work or have worked for BP & I don't wish to offend anyone, but it is time for BP to fess up. They have so many Policies & Procedures that most everyone pencil whips them. If you have a problem throwing more paper work at it isn't going to fix it.

Rant off.

Top Bottom