Jul 21 eaps level 1 uspsa match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ENVPMBR Shooter

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La
    EAPS will be hosting our monthly Level 1 USPSA match on Sunday 21, 2013. Registration opens at 7:45AM and we go hammer down at 9:00AM. The match consists of five stages including one classifier (Fixed Time) with a minimum of 123 rounds and there is 615 possible points.

Click on each image to view.

You can go to http://www.shootnscoreit.com/dashboard/ to pre-register for the match.
    If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me or text / call 225-936-5338.

Keith Lemoine

alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Realy. A 15 yard run!!!!!!! Complaining from who. Whats the point, uspsa is about unique challeges that you have to figure out and game the system. Dont change anything from a few complaints.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

lilbeauxdawg

INFIDEL
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Realy. A 15 yard run!!!!!!! Complaining from who. Whats the point, uspsa is about unique challeges that you have to figure out and game the system. Dont change anything from a few complaints.

You're right, USPSA is about unique challenges but it is about unique SHOOTING challenges not track meet challenges. While I don't mind a 15 yard dash, you lose the point of a shooting challenge. If you want to design a stage with a 15 to 20 yard dash make it to were you can see the targets from far away giving the shooter that doesn't want to run that much, an opportunity to engage the targets from far away.

lilB

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    You're right, USPSA is about unique challenges but it is about unique SHOOTING challenges not track meet challenges. While I don't mind a 15 yard dash, you lose the point of a shooting challenge. If you want to design a stage with a 15 to 20 yard dash make it to were you can see the targets from far away giving the shooter that doesn't want to run that much, an opportunity to engage the targets from far away.

lilB
    The opportunity is there now. I'd still probably cover the ground, though.

alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge

lilB

Good point

TinM@n

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Harder because everyone whines about stage difficulty. If they don't like it, stay home!
    So many people complain about the match but its likely the same people that don't show up to set up the day before, nor stay after to breakdown the stages.
    The cool thing about the EAPS match is that it is the more challenging local match around. If someone is too geriatric or out of shape to handle a stage, maybe they should go fishing, this is a "sport" after all.

You guys work so hard at stage design, setup, admin, and a million other things we will probably never know about. People should grow up and give you guys a break, while they are whining Im training!

If they don't bake the pie, they shouldn't complain about the flavor.

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    Lets be real here. The challenging part for you isn't the stages. It's keeping up with your wife when you are shooting open and she is running a single stack.

alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    All good points friends. If people have idea for stages, please send them to me. It is getting more and more challenging every month to figure out what to shoot.

I sent 3 ideas in on the members section of eaps website about 2 weeks ago.. they have not been moderated, it still says onb the website.

bumpn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Gonzales, LA
    Mr. Chuck is still recovering from his hip injury, not that a 15 yard run will keep him from whipping ass in open class, but lets give him a couple more weeks. AAANNNNDDDD most importantly....I don't want to have to listen to Lloyd bitch about the 15 yard run while setting up. LOL!!!!

TinM@n

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah but that means we are changing the game to accommodate a select few people.
    The whole point of a "sport" and a "competition" is to bring a challenge to a group of people's mental and physical abilities within the confines of the rules to see who rises to the top.
    We don't water down the Olympics because not everyone can perform as well as those that train to be at their best.

Not that Im all powerful and accurate or great at the game, but I respect it enough not to ObamaCare it out because a "few" people don't want to meet the challenge.
    We live in a state that has consistently produced some of the best shooters in the world and I attribute that to our tenacity and aggressive passion to alway push to be better.

If we make a stage easier for safety reasons great, but not because we are scared of being B**ched at!
    Furthermore, those that feel things need to be easier for them, are welcomed to join the board, put in some labor, or become one hell of a high donor! LOL
    Until then, let the people who are willing to put in the time and effort do what they need to do, they work jobs and have families and do this out of a love for the game, give em a break!

Top Bottom