July 17 EAPS USPSA Match - Gonzales, LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Are spectators welcome at this event?
    As mentioned, bring eye and ear protection. No charge for spectating. Last month Spanky picked up the entry fee for a few 1st timers. All you need to compete is a serviceable, centerfire pistol ( 9mm or larger ), a secure holster, 5 or 6 mags, a few mag pouches or holders, and about 200 rounds of ammo.
    If you come and don't shoot, you will be mad at yourself.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Actually I didn't. By the time I went sign up there were 70 people who'd already paid. I'll take care of it this month.

Phill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    Just bought a Ruger SR9 a few months ago.
    I only have 2 magazines and no mag pouches, so maybe I'll go shopping, and shoot next time.
    A buddy of mine told me about this match.
    He just moved back from Alabama and was a member of IDPA over there.
    He's planning on showing up, so I'll probably tag along w him.

Last edited:

AlphaMike

A67704
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Ms
    I was considering shooting a EAPS match again this year but the 3 hour drive and $25 entry is a deal killer. I really enjoyed shooting there, all the stages were very challenging and I met some great people and shooters. Anyone willing to sponsor a below mid level Production shooter for one match?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I was considering shooting a EAPS match again this year but the 3 hour drive and $25 entry is a deal killer. I really enjoyed shooting there, all the stages were very challenging and I met some great people and shooters. Anyone willing to sponsor a below mid level Production shooter for one match?
    Oh, come on. 3 hours is only a little more than we drive to Byram and Poplarville. ;)

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Just bought a Ruger SR9 a few months ago. I've only shot it a few times at Precision.
    I grew up shooting a 10/22 & shotguns, so I have some general gun safety knowledge.
    I'm just new to pistols.
    I only have 2 magazines and no mag pouches, so maybe I'll go shopping, and shoot next time.

Sorry to say I dont have any SR9 mags/gear to offer up. Its gonna be hard to just watch but you will get to see lots of gear. You will get lots of ideas on things you may or may not want.

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville

There has been no ownage yet. There will be though. I will line up at the chrono table with everyone else.

Edit - My wife just informed me that I have to be at her brother's wedding in Monroe the night before. I am still trying to work out how I can get out of it so I can make this one.

BTW - Scooter - you made me spend more money. My SS is off getting the front strap checkered. Then refinished. Thanks.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You can watch just bring eye and ear protection. You will want to shoot though.

I strongly concur with this^! If you have the basic equipment, you should bring it. If you do not, you have time to order it! If you are not sure what it entails, you should pm someone on this thread.

This is a really fun additional gun sport that I am confident more people would gravitate to if they knew how easy it is to get started.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just bought a Ruger SR9 a few months ago. I've only shot it a few times at Precision.
    I grew up shooting a 10/22 & shotguns, so I have some general gun safety knowledge.
    I'm just new to pistols.

I have discovered that you only need 3 mags and pouches to practice with the cult, but have learned the hard way you need at least 4 at a match. So I bought 5.:D

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Hell, I go to the line with 6 for Production and 4 for Limited. Seen too many stages ruined by inadvertently dropped mags.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Hell, I go to the line with 6 for Production and 4 for Limited. Seen too many stages ruined by inadvertently dropped mags.

As soon as I see one of you pros have more than 5 mag pouches on your belts, I'm there. I just don't want to be the first.:D

Top Bottom