June 600y Field Precision Rifle Match at Palo Alto

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    I was calling the line when Ted fired off his first round. Ted was on Target 8 and the shooter on his right (FISHSTICKER) was on Target 6, so they had about 8 feet between them. When Ted touched the round off, Eddie looks at me and goes "My Goodness!" I made the mistake of leaving my mat and gear on the line next to Ted after my string. After Ted finished shooting, I had to get all the grass and dust off of it. The barrel was out past the firing line. If it hadn't have been it would have probably knocked by spotting scope over, too.
    That rifle is impressive!

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I was calling the line when Ted fired off his first round. Ted was on Target 8 and the shooter on his right (FISHSTICKER) was on Target 6, so they had about 8 feet between them. When Ted touched the round off, Eddie looks at me and goes "My Goodness!" I made the mistake of leaving my mat and gear on the line next to Ted after my string. After Ted finished shooting, I had to get all the grass and dust off of it. The barrel was out past the firing line. If it hadn't have been it would have probably knocked by spotting scope over, too.
    That rifle is impressive!

Ah, yeah. Don't think I formally introduced myself. I was the tall 12 year-old talking to Mickey most of the time. Shook your hand right before I left. Was nice meeting all of you guys.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Ah, yeah. Don't think I formally introduced myself. I was the tall 12 year-old talking to Mickey most of the time. Shook your hand right before I left. Was nice meeting all of you guys.

I asked Mickey if that's was you after we left. Good meeting you, too. As you saw yesterday, we have fun at these matches and we and all the others there are glad to see new folks and answer questions. It's what I did before I got into F-Class. And asking questions of knowledgable people kept me from buying gear I would have had to replace shortly after when I found it to be inadequate.
    Hope ypu make it out again soon.
    Rick

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Maybe one day, Ill get a chance to come shoot again. I think Ive shot my rifle like 1 round in the past 4 months, and I missed. Hopefully, Ill make it in July.

I bet yall miss my brake when that 338 is on the line.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I asked Mickey if that's was you after we left. Good meeting you, too. As you saw yesterday, we have fun at these matches and we and all the others there are glad to see new folks and answer questions. It's what I did before I got into F-Class. And asking questions of knowledgable people kept me from buying gear I would have had to replace shortly after when I found it to be inadequate.
    Hope ypu make it out again soon.
    Rick

That was about to happen to me. Was planning on the viper pst 6-24. Really glad I made it out and saw what 42 looked like compared to 24. Your 8-32 was a nice piece also.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    That was about to happen to me. Was planning on the viper pst 6-24. Really glad I made it out and saw what 42 looked like compared to 24. Your 8-32 was a nice piece also.

Glad you caught yourself then. You would have been disappointed. You can always dial back on magnification.

Thanks. Mickey said he told you the story behind the 8-32. Nice door prize at MS State Match in 2011. We also give one away each year at our State Match in October.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Maybe one day, Ill get a chance to come shoot again. I think Ive shot my rifle like 1 round in the past 4 months, and I missed. Hopefully, Ill make it in July.

I bet yall miss my brake when that 338 is on the line.

Do we know you??? Lol!
    Mickey and I were just talking about you shooting that thing and grass jumping around on his mat!
    Hope you make next Month.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Glad you caught yourself then. You would have been disappointed. You can always dial back on magnification.

Thanks. Mickey said he told you the story behind the 8-32. Nice door prize at MS State Match in 2011. We also give one away each year at our State Match in October.

Hope to have the rifle together by then, but not sure. Even if I'm not competitive at that point, I still like the challenge.

Top Bottom